Megadeth

I love Megadeth.

They're one of my 3 favourite bands of all time, along with Opeth and Evanescence :p

Last month I had the chance to go to a concert here in Buenos Aires, my very first Megadeth concert, and I was absolutely blown away by them.

Excelent band... Mustaine is a metal god yes... what else do I need to say? :D

The Greys said:
Megadeth is noodling but not pretentious to me. I simple don't even remebering one Megadeth solo or riff. It's complex at times but what's the point of just being complex. Slayer's solos while not being as good fit in the songs more,sound cool and stuck in my head. Listen to the solos in 'Spirit in Black', very memorable nor typical slayer solos. Personally don't even know what the point of Megadeth's solos are. Kirk Hammet wrote tasteful amazing solos. Every single solo was tasteful plus had great blend of melodies and technique's. His solos simple sound great. Dave Mustaine is not even 5% of the lead guitarist Kirk is, do not care what anyone says. Dave Mustaine can play but what's the point when you can't write. This is all just my oipnion. You can be an average lead guitarists writing great memorable solos, same goes with virtuoso's. Some people no matter what just don't cut if for me. Dimebag's rythmn,lead work was great. His incorperatation of sincere bluesy,southern style was ten times more tasteful than Dave Mustaine EVER. Listen to the guitar playing in 'Revolution is My Name', god damn Dimebag was great. He really had an ear for playing guitar. It sucks some people can not respect him as an artist no matter what because his lifestyle which has nothing to do with writting great riffs and solos. His music was well written,tasteful and intelligent. Just remove phil anselmo listening to the brothers playing music together and tell me they are not great as playing instruments. They were meant to play music.

Woah, I don't think I've ever read an (overly long, poorly structured) paragraph that I disagree with more than that so far. :err:

I like Megadeth.

Leiland said:
It was wicked to see Megadeth came back in 2004 with there ass kicking thrash style, lets see if metallica can pull that out of there ass, or are they too far gone.....

haha.. metallica back to thrash, asif that will ever happen, METALLICA rocked till cliff died then they went shit... (everybody nos this so why am i saying lol) but yer MEGADETH KICK ASS.. not changed much either over the past 2 decades... ANGRY AGAIN RULES!!!

i dont like the early material, to crappy sound for me, it stays rotten all the way down to hell in my ears, if u compare to metallica's first albums.

I will always hate megadeth...mustaine isnt very metal either....He use seymour duncan JAZZ pickups...pathetic!

Megadeth, well this is one of my favorite bands. The first album I heard was So Far So Good So What? And I still like this album verry much. Songs like Set the World A Fire are just great.
Killing is My Business, Peace Sells and Rust in Peace are also great. After Rest in Peace I still like the band and I think Youthanasia and Countdown to Extinction are two descent albums.
Risk, Cryptic Writings and The World Needs a Hero contain some decent songs. The System had Failed was a great comeback and I'm glad Mustain continous under the name Megadeth.

Live they were awsome. I saw them last year for the first time and it was a great party.

High On Maiden said:
Woah, I don't think I've ever read an (overly long, poorly structured) paragraph that I disagree with more than that so far. :err:

I like Megadeth.
I totally agree, and i have to say that slayer solos are terribel, they're so random and sometimes improvised live

whats everybody's favorite megadeth song? just off the top off your head.......
by the way i got megadeth's album 'risk' and i have to say its the worst album i've heard...anyway whats everybody's favorite megadeth song?

MasKedRage said:
whats everybody's favorite megadeth song? just off the top off your head.......
by the way i got megadeth's album 'risk' and i have to say its the worst album i've heard...anyway whats everybody's favorite megadeth song?

Holy Wars. Maybe Tornado Of Souls - what a riff that is. :worship:

Don't get me wrong. I love Megadeth. But Dave Mustaine is a horrible singer and I think he should've stuck with just lead guitar other than singing too.

The Greys said:
Megadeth is noodling but not pretentious to me. I simple don't even remebering one Megadeth solo or riff. It's complex at times but what's the point of just being complex. Slayer's solos while not being as good fit in the songs more,sound cool and stuck in my head. Listen to the solos in 'Spirit in Black', very memorable nor typical slayer solos. Personally don't even know what the point of Megadeth's solos are. Kirk Hammet wrote tasteful amazing solos. Every single solo was tasteful plus had great blend of melodies and technique's. His solos simple sound great. Dave Mustaine is not even 5% of the lead guitarist Kirk is, do not care what anyone says. Dave Mustaine can play but what's the point when you can't write. This is all just my oipnion. You can be an average lead guitarists writing great memorable solos, same goes with virtuoso's. Some people no matter what just don't cut if for me. Dimebag's rythmn,lead work was great. His incorperatation of sincere bluesy,southern style was ten times more tasteful than Dave Mustaine EVER. Listen to the guitar playing in 'Revolution is My Name', god damn Dimebag was great. He really had an ear for playing guitar. It sucks some people can not respect him as an artist no matter what because his lifestyle which has nothing to do with writting great riffs and solos. His music was well written,tasteful and intelligent. Just remove phil anselmo listening to the brothers playing music together and tell me they are not great as playing instruments. They were meant to play music.

High On Maiden said:

I like Megadeth.

Somehow I don't see The Greys saying that.

Dodens Grav said:
Megadeth certainly doesn't come near my top 10 bands list, and probably misses the top 100, to be honest. Though their debut and the majority of RIP is quite good, and the two in the middle have their interesting bits. There's scores of superior Thrash bands out there, however.
how could any metal head not have megadeth on there top 10 let alone there top 100

the world needs a hero is immence dave doesn't sound to bad i reckon, bit annoying but some things do get stuck in my head from time to time

deadasdream6791 said:
the world needs a hero is immence dave doesn't sound to bad i reckon, bit annoying but some things do get stuck in my head from time to time

I liked it at first, and it's quite good to play guitar to. But I haven't played it in months as it jsut totally lacks any real magic. The System Has Failed is even worse, that's just crap.
Bring back Dave Ellefson, or, even better, just stop making records.

I like Megadeth, the first four are all thrashing good times. Regarding the comments on the remixing of the debut, I'll have to check it out!

I agree with whoever said So Far So Good is a great album. I know it was all old material put together while they were all drugged out but after listening to the opening tracks (into the lungs/set the world..) they could do no wrong. Even the sins of Anarchy in the UK could be overlooked. The best thing about CDs is now I can skip it(anarchy) much easier than when I originaly owned the record!