melo-death vs. brutal death

what is your favorite?

• brutal death metal

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • melodic death metal

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
uh no, it's not memorable because it is incredibly generic and boring

many of suffocation's songs are very memorable.
You can stop now.

worst band name in metal.

I always think of Brokeback Mountain when I hear that name.

It seems that most of the smart people here (i.e. not bigdave) understand what Brutal Death is and what it is going for, it's just not what they are looking for in metal.

Yeah exactly.^^ ( second part of post)I wil probably end up arguing for what i think is right , but if you dont like Brutal Death, you dont like it. There are soem people who do, and soem who dont. thast fine. leave the people alone if they do like Brutal DM.

I can't take metalheads seriously when they immediately rule out anything with core influences in it. Those are the ignorant, elitist scum of the earth who can't listen to anything with clean vocals because it's "gay". What original grammar usage! Okay, and when's the last time you got laid? Thought so...

Melodic death metal. Brutal metal is usually just adrenaline-fueled bullshit. There's nothing truly emotional or memorable in the songs. Most of the time, some death metal bands have means to avoid that.

I'd recommend you some but you listen to MTV fodder like later In Flames so I'm not going even bother.

I'm not really a fan of that band, but MTV fodder? When's the last time you saw these guys on television? Heard them on the radio? By the means of a mainstream audience, these guys are still heavily underground. Remove your head from ass and try thinking above the surface, for once. Because of dickheads like you, metal is constantly being stereotyped. Keep it up!

I'm not really a fan of that band, but MTV fodder? When's the last time you saw these guys on television? Heard them on the radio? By the means of a mainstream audience, these guys are still heavily underground. Remove your head from ass and try thinking above the surface, for once. Because of dickheads like you, metal is constantly being stereotyped. Keep it up!

I listen to plenty of underground stuff, especially underground grind and powerviolence like Enemy Soil, Spazz, Discordance Axis and Assuck. I hate melo-death for the most part cause its too damn wimpy compared to brutal death. plus brutal death has more blastbeats.

I can't take metalheads seriously when they immediately rule out anything with core influences in it. Those are the ignorant, elitist scum of the earth who can't listen to anything with clean vocals because it's "gay". What original grammar usage! Okay, and when's the last time you got laid? Thought so...

I love -core music, such as d-beat hardcore, american hardcore, and grind/crustcore. but Gothenburg inspired deathcore sucks dockey dick.

Ha to be honest I think I hate deathcore (Black Dahlia Murder, Bring Me The Horizon, Job For A Cowboy, Waking The Cadaver, etc.) more than just plain mainstream metalcore (Atreyu, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, etc.)

Melodic Death Metal for me. I love both genres, but I can never get enough of Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, and old Arch Enemy.

You are totally right...

...but you need a better way of saying it. Remove the crappy ad hominem "GET LAID" bullshit and provide substantial arguments as to why those people are losers. Which they are. Missing out...

on brutal death metal

Any genre of music which can't prove their point while also demenstrated musicianship and class within playing an instrument is not really all that valid. I think plently of musicians have shown they can make the most extreme music possible while playing their instruments so what point in brutal death metal is there.