Melodic death metal that doesn't suck - recommendations please

i loved how a lot of bands listed were Viking bands..haha

Warblade
Carcass (just the Heartwork album)
Centinex
Darkane
Dimension Zero

speed said:
Remove myself? Ha, why? I am having too much fun.

As long as you're having fun.

I'm sorry I recommended something besides In Flames, At the Gates, and Soilwork. I'm sorry times a million. Really, I'll never give a good obscure recommendation again. Forgive me, man.

Youve missed my point, but yes I do think the bigger named bands do have on the whole more influential records ( maybe not better than these obscure bands) . And I am a bit of a hypocrite myself, as I listen to alot of obscure metal, especially doom ( just not these obscenely obscure death metal and black metal bands that sell maybe 1,000 copies).

It is obvious I am fighting a losing battle here, as no one is supporting me. Everyone on this board likes being able to rattle off obscure death metal bands to prove how smart they are. I suppose I am just going to have to accept this. My other losing battle, is to fight against people constantly quantifying metal into best of lists, etc. That hasnt been going well either.

Thus, I must raise the white flag, and accept these two behaviors.

But in the future, please for the sake of myself and others, provide reasons why these obscure bands are good instead of just listing them.

Oh by the way, can anyone recommend me the best graveland release? I have their early stuff, which i dont care for due to the even worse than darkthrone style production. And Fullmoon, which eveyone was talking about, was almost inaudible. I dont now if this was intentional, or I got a poorly ripped copy, and I dont care how brilliant the composition is, I cant listen to something that poorly produced.

Everyone on this board likes being able to rattle off obscure death metal bands to prove how smart they are.

Have you ever thought that maybe they just enjoy how the band sounds? Don't be so superficial and misunderstanding. I know that some people are like "yeah try supergorebastarezrzdgoreifiedfetus 4 teh betstz deth mtual evar1!", but you can't just say "Oh, since I haven't heard of them, they are now suddenly super obscure and, consequently, very bad." Finding more underground bands is what's fun about metal. I'm sorry if you don't see that.

Sales in music equal squat when it comes to quality. Dimmu probably sells the most when it comes to black metal (I use the term loosely), but can anyone really say they are better than Drudkh (who probably haven't sold 2000 copies)?

As far as Graveland, my favorite has always been Following the Voice of Blood. The early period doesn't move me near as much as the latter Pagan-era stuff. Creed of Iron is probably their most accessible.

Ok guys I raised the white flag, there is no need to beat a dead horse here, its obvious this discussion is going nowhere.

WIIT, do your change your avatar every ten minutes for a reason?

I always thought the object was to find good music...

Intestine Baalism isn't that underground, not that it matters.

Worm infested you are damn annoying, at first i thought you were just joking around. Now I think you are just an annoying little prick. You should be glad you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

speed said:
Worm infested you are damn annoying, at first i thought you were just joking around. Now I think you are just an annoying little prick. You should be glad you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

The best thing Worm-Infested ever did was get called "the big bad br00tal daddy." Other than the chuckle that gave me, he's useless.