Metal Family Members?

The Lord Conqueror

I AM THE BLACK WIZARDS
May 26, 2002
In The Wordless Chamber
I don't know if it's funny or what, but my sister is metal, and we've been into the same bands for the longest time, you know like "Dissection is bad-fuckin'-ass!", and then she'd be all like, "fuck yeah!", but the other day she was listening to Cadaver Inc., and I was making jokes about her listening to Satyricon, and then she got kinda pissed at me because I said that 'Discipline" and 'Rebel Extravaganza' sound similar in spots. I don't know, its just weird I guess, I can do black, I can do death, but I can't do blackened death for some reason.

So I guess my question is this: Does anyone else here have metal family members? And how varied are their tastes from you?

LC

(If you read this, DarkAdder, forgive me, I am not as trvv necro blak kvlt as I should be at times) :)

Hehe
I am turning my brothers (1 + 2x1/2) into metalheads.
My brother (15yr) didnt get any further then CoB and (goddamnit I swear you, I dont know where he dug this up :mad: ) Nuclear Assault. My other brother, Axe (2yrs) could grunt when he was ...3/4yrs old. My (very little) other brother, Ferdi (3/4 yr) made a rocksalute recently hehehe (yes yes I helped him). Axe looks a bit like Damien, he's soo cooool. (He liked Dimmu Borgir when he was one year old.. He's more into CoB now :p)
My mother is into Zappa, but that's it. (Well, it's a start :p) My father is really reggae like. :Smokin:

Oh and the kids I am babysitting, they can draw pentagrams, (no really, not my fault, they saw it on my tshirts n stuff!) and they recognise Dimmu Borgir (mjah..), DT (okay okay a bit of indoctrination there) and Foo Fighters (televisions fault..). And Tom, (he's braave) he said he didnt mind my tshirts (skulls etc) and even liked them! (the bloody little liar :lol: )

But! I never, ever force them!
I wouldn't do that! Ever!
And for the grunting of Axe, I don't know how he came up with that. :cool:

My daughter turns 19 this year, & was raised in her younger years on Yngwie Malmsteen & Black Sabbath & the like..she still likes some pop stuff, but she's also into melodic/progressive metal, which I think is way cool (and she thinks I'm the coolest mom cuz my name's in cd liners & stuff.. :lol: ).

No. My brother loves (c)rap, my mother loves country, (why?), and my father loves bands like Spock's Beard and Ozric Tentacles or whatever they are called.

No there is no other member in my family that likes metal. my brother likes country/and rap. and asks me" what is that? graveyard music?" :rolleyes:
and my dad goes around telling people that i listen to "satanic music.
frown.gif

Reactions: Lethe78
My brothers got me into metal, it was always playing around the house while I was growing up. :D
My oldest brother is into a lot of death and black metal, and old-school 80s thrash and the like... my other brother still doesn't mind metal, but he's moved more into rock now.

My dad sort of respects some metal, he realises that the musicians can be quite talented, but he doesn't particularly like listening to it. And my mum likes it less.

Reactions: Siren
Your fucking family fucking swears to fucking too much especially by using that word fuck which will fuck up her future so you better fucking stop.

The Lord Conqueror said:
(If you read this, DarkAdder, forgive me, I am not as trvv necro blak kvlt as I should be at times) :)

Ha ha ha, "trvv necro blak kvult", sure LC!

Hey, I didn't get pissed, what are you talking about?

Did I tell you that Nathan's little brother likes Sonata Artica a whole bunch now, and he got all of his nerdy little friends to listen to it?! Ah ha ha ha ha! Nathan Jr. cracks me up!

Now get a room.

yeah, our parents don't really care, when I first started listening to rock music, it was just goth and industrial, like Ministry and stuff like that, and our dad kept saying I was a nazi, and that Fear Factory were from Germany. He kept going "Do you here those machine noises? That's like, FACSIST machines, man, neo-nazi!" So what did we do (like 2 years later)? We started a black metal band! That shut him up! :headbang:

LC

I'm the only metalhead in my family. Back more than 10 years ago, my brother and I both listened to thrash. We were both into old Metallica, Testament, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, etc.. Then my brother started getting into Phish, classic rock, and jazz. I continued listening to metal, with my taste broadening from just thrash to more death metal, black metal, and eventually some hardcore.

My older brother turned me onto metal. It started with Black Sabbath and Rush and Judas Priest back in the 1980s. At first I didn't like it, but then I really dove into it. I was very very young. Then I surpassed the metal he liked. He's not into death metal at all. I'm the only family member into death metal.

Windom Pearl said:
My little sister was into Opeth long time before me.

[Nelson]HA HA!![/Nelson]

The only other metal-head in the family si the one who introduced me to the scene...... My older brother.

Though these days, while he still listens to the best stuff that comes out (under my recommendation of course! :Smug: ) He's tends towards industral/dark ambient/ minimalistic stuff nowadays.

My brother is none other than the (in)famous Steve420. My uncle and cousins haven't missed Ozzfest in years. I'll listen to just about anything, but metal/industrial are my favorites.