My hippie mother is insulting death metal!!!!!!!

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
And it's not even death metal.I have Chimaira on and she is STILL insulting the vocals.I played this in her car once and she yelled at me to turn it off.And after I bought an Immolation cd and played that in her car,she told me that she couldn't understand anytihng the singer was saying and that it takes no talent to sing death metal,all one has to do is make a bunch of gutteral growling noises(but she doesn't even use the word gutteral).And she's just making a bunch of lame jokes...fuck,I'm going to a concert with this!I need help!!!!!!Is anyone else's parents/family members like this?My family doesn't understand me*sob,sob*...not my music,not my religious beliefs,not the way I dress*sob,sob*.I'm going to go kill myself now*wail*
;) :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know what this thread is about,so I guess it'll get a few comments that are on topic,then become another chat thread,just like all of the other threads I start.

they are stuck on themselves. My dad wants freedom and shit for everyone. But ask him about prayer and teh commandments in school. If i say shit like, fuck prayer dad, even if it mattered, being made to pray would not be the same......he ll say i dont want to tlak about it.

YOu just have to look ove rthem.

My mum and i had a fight this morning. SHe called me up at 830AM telling me what i was going to do at noon. SHit. I do what i fucken want. SHe didnt even ask if i wanted to, and she didn teven ask if i had plans, she was just trin to tell me. See, Im almost 30, it never ends my friend, NEVER.

Other than those 2 things, bioth my mum and dad are great.

Never ends,does it?Hmmm...oh well,at least she isn't bitching seriously about this stuff,though both of my parents will flip if I even say the slightest profanity-w/my dad,I can't even say "hell" without him freaking out.My mom doesn't care if I say "shit" but this morning I said that something was "pissing me off" and she tells me to watch my mouth,which I don't see why.I was playing Tool for her yesterday and one song was playing where he says "fuck" and mother asks me "What did he just say?"even tough she knows perfectly well what she heard,which annoys the hell out of me.Oh well...

well, when i was 14 i got my ass busted for cursing and smoking, it looks like ol dad should have busted me harder, cause i curse like a fucekn sailor, and smoke like the WTC. No pun on that last one.

Yeah, parents who let their kids curse and run wild and fuck off need their asses busted.

Just hang out, look over them, and enjoy the good times.

Okay,whatever...My parents are just stuck in the times when and where they grew up when no one cursed and ppl had more respect for each other,etc.I've done some stuff that shocked them in the beginning,but they've grown used to some of the stuff.Other things,I just have to do when they aren't around.

yeah, all parents are that way. SOmeday, youll undersatnd them a bit more than now.

I do a bit, but they say if we have kids, we will inderstand. One thing i understand is, if i do have kids, i will do a bit different than my parenst did. SOme things i was aloud to do , my kids will not, some things i was not aloud to do, my kids will.

The main thing to rememebr is, they are ones with the cash and teh food hahahaha.

Yeah,at first I thought "If I ever have kids,I'm not going to punish them if they curse and I'm not going to involve rrligion in their lives like my parents did."Which I still believe that I won't.But parents are the providers of food and money and transportation and shelter,so I guess just because they bitch and complain about certian things,they aren't horrible.

Actually, not all parents are that way. My mom let me make my own decisions. Her philosophy is that I'm gonna make mistakes, so I might as well learn from them. She actually had trust in me, so if I let her down, I felt bad. It saddens me what most parents are like. Oh, and she doesn't like my music, even stuff like Nevermore; I would never expect her to.

I don't think my parents have that philosiphy about learning from your mistakes(except maybe with my mom and her pot use).My father is really bad about situations where I'd go out w/my friends,even to the mall...overprotective,pretty much.My mom can be better about that,but not much.And there's all of the lecturing from them about how things were different when they were growing up and how they have faith in me to "do the right thing"which actually really makes me uncomfortable because I know that I'll do stuff that I want to do that'll disappoint them and shock them.Mostly I just want them to leave me alone and not always try to talk to me about things that are going on because that's stuff that I can express easier by writing them down(which no one seems to understand).They can overreact about things and just totally flip,which they often do.

My fiancee tried to say all Death Metal is is growling.
Hehe.
Logic cannon on her ass when she does it.
Really, though, just explain WHY it's not just growling.
And if they STILL are ignorant about it, say
"Well... I guess only the most complex minded can pick beauty from ugliness, and meaning from chaos."

your mom really doesnt sound like a hippie at all. she sounds like she might think she is a hippie but her actions seem to imply she is conservative. hippies dont rail on about the bible an shit. im from caliofrnia. i know what hippies do.
-neal

Now, come on. You know that music is bad. The lyrics will turn you into a horrible, horrible person. You should really worship Jesus and listen to the Backstreet Boys...

Uh, excuse me while I go puke out my innards.

Pull a classic ME and tell her to fuck herself.