Metal Girlfriends, or not?

my girlfriend hates metal, which gets irritating... the thing is, i dont want a g/f who listens to metal, because i prefer my women weak, and easy to control! any girl that listens to metal obviously has a head on her shoulders!

matt999tye said:
my girlfriend hates metal, which gets irritating... the thing is, i dont want a g/f who listens to metal, because i prefer my women weak, and easy to control! any girl that listens to metal obviously has a head on her shoulders!

Then, what the hack??!! If you want some g/f for a longer time and if you want to love her then, you shoul find some that has similar interests with you. For example: music! But whatever it's your choice anyway!

My girlfriend listens to metal, though only really 80s stuff and the occasional bit of Type O Negative, Poisonblack and Sentenced.

I don't think I could be with someone who can't at least tolerate hearing something very heavy and loud blasting out of my earphones whenever I walk into a room.

winters epilogue said:
I would like a "metal chick", but have yet to meet one.
Ah, but you're not looking in the right places. They are few, but they are out there, and I'm not talking about the angsty black-wearing gothic girls either! Ever been to the Heavy Metal Breakdowns at O'Brien's Pub in Allston? :p

As a girl, I guess it's pretty easy to find a metal guy. Most concerts I go to are at least 80% guys in attendance. I have a metal boyfriend, but our genre preferences are quite different. However, a relationship based solely on music alone probably won't work out in the end.

Flal said:
From my experience, real metal chicks are usually regular looking gals that like metal for the music, not the image.
Yep! I look like a normal prep college student most of the time.

My girlfriend didn´t listen metal and I didn´t listen the sort of music that she likes (Toto, Pink Floyd, Camel, Tracy Chapman, Muse, Radiohead, The Police, spanish musicians and songwriters like Manolo García or Pedro Guerra). Now I listen music like that and She loves bands like Novembre, Opeth, Katatonia, Room With A View, Klimt 1918, Death or Dissection.

My mom asked my girlfriend what she would do at concerts. She answered: "Well, i pretty much hold Alex's (me) watch, wallet, and any other valuable he has in his pockets while he goes nuts in the pit with all the other guys. Mewhile i hang out with all the other girlfriends that are in the same situation." =) I thought it was a perfect description lol

my self i would not cear as long as the girl wanted to be with me then im cool but if she liked her metal its cool but if she likes her brutal death metal and has a wicked ass and tits and has a cute face thats an A+:headbang:

I don't really care, as long as she doesn't hate it. Or even worse, is she wouldn't let me play it! Still, the peron (and looks!) is the most important thing.

I'm together with my metal-girlfriend for nine years now.
We visit every metal-show in vienna (no matter if it's "HER" band or "MY" band).

She opened my mind for some bands I never noticed. And so did I.

We'll marry on 666 (6. June 2006), wearing a Black Sabbath suit and the registrar playing Anthrax' "safe home".

Some of my friends chose a non-metal-chick. After some months they don't go to shows anymore ("she" hates it), they don't go to metal-pubs (sorry, she "hates" it), wear "normal" clothes and they even stop listening to metal!
It sucks! They cut their hair and go to DISCO!

I'm really lucky that I found a chick that loves metal.
The best thing is: We've bands that we both love, but we've bands that are "our own" taste.

And who said metal-chicks don't look good? MINE looks GREAT!
:headbang:

Well... I don't have a girlfriend 'cause fortunately I'm not a dyke. LOL.
My ex- boyfriend liked (still likes) metal... thing is he plays in a well known hardcore band from my country and likes that kind of stuff. Since we had a long-distance relationship (I live in Mendoza and he was born in Buenos Aires, still lives there -1060 km from each other) we never had problems with the music we liked 'cause we saw each other faces like 45 times a year or less. Thing was once I went to visit him and I stayed with him for 15 days so everytime I woke up I blasted Cannibal Corpse or Unleashed and he was like: What the fuck? Turn that shit off!!! LOL.
That sucked. He never liked the bands I like and I never liked the bands he liked, so it was a healthy relationship though, I know those bands will never like and I knew he was always joking when he yelled some random insults at me, lol. He was a very great person in my life, and he had (still has) the best beer drinker friends I've EVER met. Jesus ...they love drinking more than me.
He always respect my musical tastes so well.
Now... I do have someone who enjoys metal a lot. So yeah, I do prefer metal dudes over any other weak fucker in this world.

freakbrother6969 said:
Some of my friends chose a non-metal-chick. After some months they don't go to shows anymore ("she" hates it), they don't go to metal-pubs (sorry, she "hates" it), wear "normal" clothes and they even stop listening to metal!
It sucks! They cut their hair and go to DISCO!

LOL i dont think thats a matter of the girlfriend being metal or not, i think thats a matter of your friends being the bitch in the relationship.

She "hates" it? lol simple solution DO NOT BRING HER :p

I have a mate who always does or tries to bring his GF to metal gigs and parties. Even if they dont like metal. It pisses me off because there are some things and some times you shouldnt bring your GF. I seem to balance my time with my GF and with my mates quite well. Altough hes one of those guys you dont see for months until he brakes up with her and then hes everyones best friend and "mates come first" It gets to the point where it is insulting.

My girlfriend doesnt like metal, i dont drag her to metal gigs. And i dont tak her everywhere. I have my independance and she has hers.

Nuk3m said:
My girlfriend doesnt like metal, i dont drag her to metal gigs. And i dont tak her everywhere. I have my independance and she has hers.

That's ok. But I (we) love to hear the music loud at home nearly every day. I can't imagine I could listen to Bloodbath if she would hate metal.
Our appartement looks like a "metal-cave" with posters, tickets, cds, action figures, skulls, dragons, bats,....... If I had a "normal" girl, we'd have flowers, harts, teddybears,...... :puke:
Other chicks tell their husbands when they get 30: CUT YOUR HAIR!
My girl often says: IF YOU EVER CUT YOUR HAIR, I'LL QUIT!

And there's nothing better than comming home with a new cd and listen to it together and talk about it (even if one of us doesn't like it - these are great music discussions)
90% of our friends are metalheads, so we go out in metal-clubs & bars. If she wasn't into metal, she would have to stay at home nearly every day!
I've no problem spending our money on shows, cds & shirts, because she spends the same amount of money.

The good thing is: We both listened to metal before we met 9 years ago. So we "learned" from each other. It was and is a good exchange of music knowledge and taste.
Example:
I love Anthrax & Black Sabbath.
First she hated them because she didn't know their music , but now she has her own mix-tapes of 'em in her car and shouts louder than me at the shows.
I was into death & thrashmetal. 9 years ago. The rest sucked.
Since I met her I also like stoner, industrial, gothic, black ....metal.
Also the other way round. The best: We BOTH hate "true-spandex-hair-metal" like Manowar, etc.

So she opened my mind and I saw many bands live I'd NEVER see if I didn't met her.
Surely there are some bands she doesn't like (Hypocrisy, Arch Enemy....) and I don't like (Zakk Wylde, Pantera....). But that's ok. We need our own taste.

Don't think we're together 24 hours: I have my own "hobby": Soccer (Every week I meet my non-metal friends watching the game having a beer without her)
In fact I can't imagine a better life.
The only worry I have: At her office the chicks are real dico-queens. She has to listen to Pop-Radio the whole day since 4 years now. Till today she didn't change (she's immune) but maybe one day the MTV-Virus gets her, our appartement gets pink, her hair blonde, her cloths colorful, her tattoes fall off, her piercings are sold on ebay and I've to wear headphones or go to a Britney-Show.

Dear Lord of the Darkness, PLEASE never let this happen!!!! :loco: