Metal music comments in your school

are there any metalheads in your school

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
I have friends that don't listen to metal and I don't judge people on their music taste or sports teams they like or movie taste.I judge people if their good and not asshole.

Don't bother judging me, I can already tell you I'm rated Chaotic Neutral

Nubcake

yup

heavy metal on campus is one of (if not the) biggest student group in the entire unversity

There was a guy in a college English class that came to class every day in metal-patched military pants and t-shirts that ranged from Rotting Christ to The Only True Gorgoroth, but I don't really know anyone else.

I don't get why you can't relax to metal.I relax to metal Alot and I don't get why people think it just loud noise and angry music.If I show them Power Metal and Iron Madien I think they will say metal not all loud garbage and devill music unless they think that type of metal is I bet they are deaf.
I often relax to a lot of ambient black metal, like Burzum, Striborg, ColdWorld, Darkspace, Blut aus Nord and the like.

Some people at my school like Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, Trivium etc. and one of my closest friends likes Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth and Mastodon, which are great starting points, but I'm the only one who's actually in depth with the whole thing.

It REALLY pisses me off that everybody refers to it as 'screamo'....SCREAMO IS EMO + SCREAMING, NOT JUST ANYTHING THAT SCREAMS!

Also, 95% of people at my school have never heard the term 'black metal' before.

Schwärzung;8664251 said:
I often relax to a lot of ambient black metal, like Burzum, Striborg, ColdWorld, Darkspace, Blut aus Nord and the like.

Some people at my school like Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, Trivium etc. and one of my closest friends likes Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth and Mastodon, which are great starting points, but I'm the only one who's actually in depth with the whole thing.

It REALLY pisses me off that everybody refers to it as 'screamo'....SCREAMO IS EMO + SCREAMING, NOT JUST ANYTHING THAT SCREAMS!

Also, 95% of people at my school have never heard the term 'black metal' before.

Black Metal is great relaxing music but everyone that doesn't like metal music will hate it.In my classroom there is hardly anybody that into metal music unless you count a kid who into Metallica but still he listen to shit like Stinkin Park and Feminem :erk:.

People in my class listen to horrible disney music like The faggot brothers or they listen to mainstream rap.My teacher music taste isn't bad not like my classmates music taste.

The only metal shirts I have seen is either big names like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden or shit core bands we all hate here.

Yes it also pisses me off when someone says that metal is screamo_One time I was looking up metal news and one of my friend said why are you looking up screamo when I was reading about Heaven and Hell of all bands and I said back to him their not a fucking screamo band at all and still think their screamo.He also think Burzum is a screamo band which are not and I kept telling him that I hated screamo and metal is not screamo.
I can say i'm the only one in my school that loves metal and knows about it.

Ok, I'll bite...

There was quite the moron/scumbag population at my school... which lead to an actually decent sized Lamb of God/Pantera/Avenged Sevenfold/Slipknot/Disturbed following at my high school.... and no one knew the difference between that shit and the stuff I listened to, other than a couple of my closer friends, who just heard it from being around me.

I did manage to play Babykiller in the gym one day with about 100 students in there... 98% of them looking as if Satan was going to rise from the gym floor and drag them to eternal damnation. (living in WV sucks because of shit like this)

Ok, I'll bite...

There was quite the moron/scumbag population at my school... which lead to an actually decent sized Lamb of God/Pantera/Avenged Sevenfold/Slipknot/Disturbed following at my high school.... and no one knew the difference between that shit and the stuff I listened to, other than a couple of my closer friends, who just heard it from being around me.

I did manage to play Babykiller in the gym one day with about 100 students in there... 98% of them looking as if Satan was going to rise from the gym floor and drag them to eternal damnation. (living in WV sucks because of shit like this)

I would have love to see the people faces at the gum floor you were at.:lol:

Yeah I've only encountered Core kids in my travels aside from my friends who I introduce to good music. There are some jazz fans here where I live but they only seem to like the perfunctory classics... probably to supplement their image while they do coke all day... lol

Unfortunately I typically find those people who claim that they like everything or say that they love metal when all that entails to them is AC/DC or Ozzy... I tried to explain to someone about what death metal was once in passing and he couldn't even grasp the concept of growling. That's a travesty since most of us could identify key elements of Hip-hop despite our collective distaste for it.

Yeah I've only encountered Core kids in my travels aside from my friends who I introduce to good music. There are some jazz fans here where I live but they only seem to like the perfunctory classics... probably to supplement their image while they do coke all day... lol

Unfortunately I typically find those people who claim that they like everything or say that they love metal when all that entails to them is AC/DC or Ozzy... I tried to explain to someone about what death metal was once in passing and he couldn't even grasp the concept of growling. That's a travesty since most of us could identify key elements of Hip-hop despite our collective distaste for it.

The same with me.When someone say that they like everything I asked them about goregrind,free jazz,drone doom and mongolian music.If you hear someone like everything than play the music genres I have said.

That's a travesty since most of us could identify key elements of Hip-hop despite our collective distaste for it.

Of course, we are exposed to hip-hop regularly, whereas most people have never heard death metal, so that's not really fair at all.