metal parents???

Bastet

ironing...
Jul 16, 2002
M.M.
Visit site
I've just been reading this thread on the Opeth forum about someone's dad who likes Opeth .

I wonder what kind of music do YOUR parents listen to ?
Any metal moms or -dads ?
I can tell you my mom likes to listen to Queensryche , Metallica and Bon Jovie

:headbang:

The Rolling Stones and The Beatles ...
Some Tina Turner too ...
Basically 60's rock and soul

And me mom likes Anathema !! but only the post-Eternity era. Only clean vocals ;)

my mate did a gig with skrewdriver back in his skinhead days..he wiped his nose on a union jack in front of a load of englsih skins too (or so he said)

Yeah! Me mum likes Lacuna Coil and the last within temptation (commercial shit eh!) well thats a good thing if i wanna listen to some music while I'm downstairs busy with something.

My parents were some kind of hippies in their youth, so I grew up with very good music as Neil Young, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd, Johny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Lennon, Kraftwerk, woodstock and concert for Bangladesh (my dad his these 2 festivals on the original LPs :eek: I bet they are worth a lot nowadays, esp. the Concert for Bangladesh!!!!

my mother had all pink floyd records,and some related stuff...but one day her brother took all her records and ripped them apart...sad sad sad...but true:mad: she likes dark tranquillity a bit now:)

Bastet, you're already a parent yourself right? If I remember well you once told me something about your doughter.
My parents are into Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Tom Petty and stuff like that. In fact, my dad has a huge PF obsession :err:
They like Anathema as well. They usually don't like heavy stuff but I've noticed already that my dad digs Sleepless, Silent Enigma and Dying Wish though. They prefer mellow stuff like Regret though, or mellow Opeth songs. Oh and they quite like Metallica, they won't put a cd on from it anyway.

My first concert was 'the radios'!!!
They were my fave band when I was a little boy (11 years old) and when they played in a town close too mine i would die to see them. so they joined me because i was still too little :eek: . And it was damn good fun. Even these days I play now and then some of them records. :)

Originally posted by Charlotte1977
I think that is kinda cute (hehe) So tell me, what did you do to make em go with you (or you just have nice parents????)
didnt I said I would die :eek:

nah they were just nice :) still are

olaa, i was at biebob too. dont tell me you went to Huntenpop and graspop as well....
for the danny-sologigs, i was in greece, so no way i could ve been there (i would if i was at home)

No, didn't go to Huntenpop or Graspop either, too bad. You did go?? I know there are people who go to EVERY FUCKING show they give (unfortually I'm not one of those)
My boyfriend thinks 4 shows in 3 weeks is enough haha