• Megadeth

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Love em Both!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Hate Them!

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is so unfair. The debut - AJFA was absolutely incredible and The Black album was decent. Everything after that sucked by Metallica. However, only "Rust in Peace" was the only release that compared to Metallica's "hey-day." I would have to say Metallica over-all, but due to them being such a fucking sell-out, I voted for both.

Bryant

Overkill should be on the poll... since they still know how to put out a good album!!! That or it should be who sucks the most now...

Sorry... Metallica are not even the same band anymore. They really should chage the name.

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Overkill should be on the poll... since they still know how to put out a good album!!! That or it should be who sucks the most now...

Sorry... Metallica are not even the same band anymore. They really should chage the name.

I Agree with you there Metallica should have changed the name ... Take out the Metal and what do you have left ... Lica :loco:

Overkill is in a completely Different League then either of those bands ... the Day DD and Blitz goes soft is the day I put a gun in my mouth and paint my brains on the wall! :p Overkill IS my favorite band ... have been for many many many years ... and its for the simple fact that they have always stayed true to themselves ... They dont play metal just to say so they live it and it doesnt matter if there is 20 ppl in the crowd or 20,000 they go out and give 200% ... They are not a Band of Sellout Pousers and should be left alone by pousers ... they write music for a particular segment of the population ... For us who Dwell in the Gutter of Life .. they arent a band for the spoiled and well off :D Overkill are the BEST ever IMO .. if ya dont like it My ass is ready to be Kissed :loco:

I went with Megadeth. They're both classic bands, but personally, I just enjoy a wider range of Megadeth's stuff than I do Metallica's. With Megadeth, there was no big disappointment (well, besides Risk, but that wasn't as widely remarked upon as the Load albums, since it was only a brief lapse in judgement) that just spiraled into ridiculousness. Megadeth put out one or two semi-bad albums (which, lets face it, just about every band out there has done) and then moved on; whereas Metallica put out a bad album, followed it up with another bad album, and then spiraled out of control from there.

Both bands were off to an awesome start. They were both heavy as hell and very talented, but in my mind it looks like only one band had the staying power it took to remain a force to be reconed with, and that was Megadeth.

I like 'em both, but I like Megadeth better. :headbang:

I voted Megadeth myself Just cause Metallica Died first in my Eyes/Ears ... But dont get me wrong Brand New Mega does nothing for me ... Dave Effelson is one of my Favorite Bass Players and as Far as I'm concerned its NOT Megadeth without him ... I dont know if the "System has Failed" but with out him its just Megadave or The Dave Mustaine Project but NOT Megadeth ... :D

I went with Megadeth. I always liked them a little more than Metallica even back in the 80's. Hell, I even bought "Peace Sells" before I bought "Master". With the exception of "Risk" I think Megadeth has put out good albums. I am one of those that thought Metallica lost it with "Load" and "Reload" albums but now I listen back to them and I think if they were one CD with some of the crap cut out it would have been good. Then they did the symphony thing?
Which put me off more. Then "Garage Inc." and I actually like most of the new covers. Doing Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath I thought they were going to put something decent out after. Then "St. Anger", I think they might have had the right idea but they got way off track with it. I mean they went with this "garage" sound but then pro-tooled it to death. No solo's, songs that are to long, just repeating themselves over and over. Very dissapointing. I think they have one more album in them and if it doesn't bring back some of the magic they are done! Anyway, I went with Megadeth! :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Based on their Entire Cataloges...Whos Better? :D

If I had to put their entire catalogue both will sunk. :yuk: So if you allow me to pick them as classic bands I may feel inclined a bit towards Megadeth. Nevertheless the quality of Metallica early albums and importance in history is undeniable.

Megadeth were faster, heavier and more technical. I prefer their songs anyway. Better musicianship. Dave Mustaine has better hair than all of Metallica, who bore me.

No contest.

I love albums from both... Metallica's Kill 'em All thru Master of Puppets and Megadeth's Killing is My Business, Peace Sells and Countdown to Extinction are all awesome albums!

Have you seen Metallica's Somekind of Monster DVD... What a freaking joke! Cliff Burton must be rolling in his grave! RIP... now that dude was METAL! :headbang:

I call it pretty much a tie. The first three Metallica are just plain perfect. Never bought another album after AJFA for reasons I think we all know why. Megadeth had the first two and Rust in Peace. IMO the rest of the Megadeth catalog is sub par and and well, boring. But to each his/her own.

I would like to say Metallica based upon thier music up to And Justice For All.
But lately I would have to choose Megadeth simply because at least dave remotley
tries to play real metal! Not bad for an asshole and a x-tian!

Both fucked up at some point and watered down, so it's a no winner here, although first four Metallicas slay everything by Megadeth except for Rust In Peace, which is not only comparable, but even better than some of early Metallica, Kill 'Em All especially.

KiMB vs. Kill 'Em All= Kill 'Em All
Peace Sells vs. Ride The Lightning= Peace Sells
So Far, So Good vs. MoP= MoP
RIP vs. AJFA= RIP
CTE vs. Black Album= CTE
Youthanasia vs. Load= Youthanasia
CW vs. Re-Load= CW
Risk vs. Garage Inc.= Garage Inc.
TWNAH vs. S&M= TWNAH
The System Has Failed vs. St. Anger= The System Has Failed

7 to 3 decision for me. I vote Megadeth.

I went with Megadeth, cause it's like Wyvern said, Metallica bashing is manditory in the OS forum. Actually it would have been Metallica by far, if only they stoped before the Black album. But then compare "The system has failed" to "St A", impossible cause it's two different genres of music, you can't compare metal with shit. Good poll though JD.

As much as I like EARLY Metallica....I like Megadeth way better. Mustaine is just a better songwriter than Hetfield, and a WAY better guitarist than Kirk(who sucks monkey penis). So based on those two facts, Megadeth is supreme