Megadeth or Metallica

Deth or Tallica??

• Megadeth

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
hmm...

well i only like half of metallica's albums...
but i only like half of the songs on any given megadeth album.

i think id have to go with megadeth, but metallica has still got some older gems that on their own i think i like more than any single standing megadeth song

Well I'm pretty much only into 80's thrash.. and I'm not to keen on p*ssy thrash so the choice was easy for me. Megadeth are alright in my book but I just can't overlook the greatness of Kill/Ride/Master.. even Justice is better than anything Deth ever put out.. at least in my book it is..
Kudos to Mustaine though.. for (allegedly) sticking to his guns and not pulling a Metallica in the 90's and 00's.. I haven't bothered with latter day Megadeth so I don't know if it's true or not.. frankly I don't care all that much..
:eek:Care to expand on pussy thrash?

Well I'm pretty much only into 80's thrash.. and I'm not to keen on p*ssy thrash so the choice was easy for me. Megadeth are alright in my book but I just can't overlook the greatness of Kill/Ride/Master.. even Justice is better than anything Deth ever put out.. at least in my book it is..
Kudos to Mustaine though.. for (allegedly) sticking to his guns and not pulling a Metallica in the 90's and 00's.. I haven't bothered with latter day Megadeth so I don't know if it's true or not.. frankly I don't care all that much..

I think Mustaine did a better job of returning to his roots than Metallica did, but can you honestly say that Megadeth didn't shoot for a more commercial sound in the '90's? Maybe not to the extent that Metallica did, but still...

Megadeth is my favorite band so I choose them easily. Metallica really isnt close to Megadeth for me. I do however enjoy their stuff as well.

In general though Megadeths best is better than Metalicas best and Megadeth at their worst is way, way better than Metallica at their worst.

In general though Megadeths best is better than Metalicas best and Megadeth at their worst is way, way better than Metallica at their worst.

Hmmm... I think I'd rather listen to St. Anger over Risk, so I'd have to say that Megadeth's worst is actually worse then Metallica's worst.

Metallica by a healthy, wide margin. As much as it's in vogue to hate Metallica, few - if any - metal bands can compete with their first 4 albums. And although they tanked in the 90s, Megadeth also sucked in said decade. Both released recent 'comeback' albums and there, too, Metallica's trumps Megadeth's...so there's no dispute, really. (IMO)

Hmmm... I think I'd rather listen to St. Anger over Risk, so I'd have to say that Megadeth's worst is actually worse then Metallica's worst.

Wow really? I think Risk is a good rock record and some stuff is excellent (the two "time" tracks for instance. St Anger to me is probably the worst metal album I have ever heard by an established band, by a wide margin.

I can understand people picking anything by Metallica over "risk" (even though I wouldnt agree) just not the pile of crap that is St Anger.

Though I love both bands, I'd probably have to say Metallica on the strength of the first 5 albums. I don't agree that Megadeth sucked in the 90's. Even if you think Risk sucks, RIP>CW are 4 pretty damn good albums...and I don't know which Megadeth album is considered the comeback, but I'll take The System Has Failed over any post-91 Metallica album any day of the week.

Wow really? I think Risk is a good rock record and some stuff is excellent (the two "time" tracks for instance. St Anger to me is probably the worst metal album I have ever heard by an established band, by a wide margin.

I can understand people picking anything by Metallica over "risk" (even though I wouldnt agree) just not the pile of crap that is St Anger.

There are about 2 minutes worth of the song Wanderlust on Risk where things almost gel, but otherwise I just can't listen to the album. I even bought the remaster since it was alleged to be a big improvement over the original release.. which was a huge lie.

The rest of their albums rock though.

Metallica and not by much. For me, Metallica is saved by Master of Puppets. The rest is mostly toss up.

Sales aside, Megadeth was the better of the two in the 90's. But that's not saying alot. Pantera blew them both away back then.

"Death Magnetic" is better than any Megadeth CD released this decade. And Dave Mustaine's whiny voice has become unbearable lol Still a pretty good guitar player though.

Metallica and not by much. For me, Metallica is saved by Master of Puppets. The rest is mostly toss up.

Sales aside, Megadeth was the better of the two in the 90's. But that's not saying alot. Pantera blew them both away back then.

"Death Magnetic" is better than any Megadeth CD released this decade. And Dave Mustaine's whiny voice has become unbearable lol Still a pretty good guitar player though.
No, No and No.:lol:

Get a fucking clue. "Death Magnetic" is so bland and lacking any form of inspiration imo. Whereas with Megadeth, Mustaine has always poured his heart and soul into their music (the album Risk is not included in this statement), and Mustaine is obviously the better guitar player! You just have to listen to know that.

Sorry to disagree but NOT! "United Abominations" with all its faults kick "Death Magnetic" any given day with both hands tied up.

Yeah, Death Magnetic just seemed to be a mish mash of riffs for the most part so UnitedAB soars above it for that reason alone. People can critize United for being weak in the middle or whatever but each song seems more organic to me.

Mustaine has always been more dexterous on the guitar which has always elevated Megadeth above Metallica in my mind. His anger translated well sonically, making the music more volatile and deadly sharp, dangerous thrash.