Megadeth or Metallica

Deth or Tallica??

• Megadeth

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
Dave Mustaine always was the superior artist, and most of the good Metallica songs were stolen from him, in part or whole.

While I think Master of Puppets is one of the best, if not the best, metal albums of all time, on the whole I think Megadeth is a better band. I didn't used to feel that way, but I do now. Dave has made few missteps, is always creative, and writes kickass songs.

Defiantly an age old question.
But my answer remains the same.
Megadeth, simply because of Dave Mustaine.
One of Metal's finest musicians.
I would take Rust in Peace over M.O.P any day.

Megadeth. They're more of an on or off band, but they were fucking on from 85-90 and 94-97. :kickass:

...and most of the good Metallica songs were stolen from him, in part or whole.

Mustaine wrote them for Metallica and was credited for them. Not stealing.

Megadeth screwed up but never sold out. And "United Abominations" with all its faults is WAAAAY superior to "Death Magnetic" :ill:

P.S. And by the way we should get some fresher ideas this poll thread is as old as I am, every two months or so it comes out :lol:

I have to go Metallica, as they were such a major influence (not to mention we cover them at every FS gig). Even though Megadeth's recent stuff has kicked the shit out of Metallica, Metallica on their A-game in the 80s is just absolutely classic material.

These days, though, I'd much rather see Deth than Metallica and I have much more respect for Mustaine.

I'm going to be fair- I loved Metallica until the Black Album came out. If you asked me this in '87 I'd have said Metallica. But now, clearly, Megadeth is the better band, and despite a couple stinkers (Crush 'Em, Dave? What were you thinking?) Megadeth clearly has stood the test of time. Metallica's greatness ended with Justice, and they've been chasing themselves ever since.

Well I'm pretty much only into 80's thrash.. and I'm not to keen on p*ssy thrash so the choice was easy for me. Megadeth are alright in my book but I just can't overlook the greatness of Kill/Ride/Master.. even Justice is better than anything Deth ever put out.. at least in my book it is..
Kudos to Mustaine though.. for (allegedly) sticking to his guns and not pulling a Metallica in the 90's and 00's.. I haven't bothered with latter day Megadeth so I don't know if it's true or not.. frankly I don't care all that much..