Megadeth or Metallica

Deth or Tallica??

• Megadeth

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
guys I'm sorry for starting this poll i never thought it would start a fight here but who am i?? doesn't it always??

Either you're too new to forums or you gave us too much credit :lol:. We try to keep the discussion tidy in here, but you know...music is like football, politics, economy, religion, sex, always stirring passions and controversy ;)

but Pussy Thrash just sounds so good.. now doesn't it? :)

Well to me it's kind of an oxymoron like melodic death metal, death metal has to be brutal by definition, so how can it be melodic
c010.gif
(don't bother to answer, I don't like any form of DM anyway, I was just making an observation :lol:).

Well to me it's kind of an oxymoron like melodic death metal, death metal has to be brutal by definition, so how can it be melodic
c010.gif
(don't bother to answer, I don't like any form of DM anyway, I was just making an observation :lol:).

Melody doesnt mean it cant be brutal. Listen to some stuff by Nile. Their songs can be very melodic (not the vocals but the guitars) but still contain big amounts of brutality. However they probably wouldnt be called melodic death metal but they still contain lots of melody.

c010.gif

As you say, Death Metal by definition is brutal (at least to the outside viewer).. but there are some bands that are more brutal than others, so fans of Death Metal may need a distinction between regular Death Metal and Brutal Death Metal and thus the subgenre Brutal Death Metal became a concept.
Melodic Death Metal (a questionable subgenre, I agree) is when you play in rhytmic patterns typical of Death Metal, use DM vocals and usually use a similar production to that of Death Metal, but you actually use melodic scales instead of just working chromatically.
If you're actually interested in hearing what the fuck I'm ranting about you should check out Hypocrite or Amon Amarth..

Anyway.. enough about Pussy Thrash and Death Metal in this thread I say :)

See?, you cannot make an observation without having post back :lol:

What was the original topic about? :p

While I love both Megadeth and Metallica, I feel like Metallica has done more for music than Megadeth. I doubt there would be a Megadeth to this date if Metallica hadn't been there at first.

While I love both Megadeth and Metallica, I feel like Metallica has done more for music than Megadeth. I doubt there would be a Megadeth to this date if Metallica hadn't been there at first.

Of course not since Dave was in Metallica and helped them out in writing alot on Kill Em All and then they used his riffs for a few more songs. Without him getting kicked out of Metallica he wouldnt have founded Megadeth.

You mean Metallica stole it first?

Of course not since Dave was in Metallica and helped them out in writing alot on Kill Em All and then they used his riffs for a few more songs. Without him getting kicked out of Metallica he wouldnt have founded Megadeth.

basicallly. i think one time mustaine said megadeth would have had their debut album out sooner but metallica used all of his riffs after they promised they wouldn't so he had to write new tunes except for "mechanix" which he wasn't going to drop

basicallly. i think one time mustaine said megadeth would have had their debut album out sooner but metallica used all of his riffs after they promised they wouldn't so he had to write new tunes except for "mechanix" which he wasn't going to drop

Yeah Kill Em All was ALOT of Dave Mustaine. A fair portion of Ride the Lightning too I believe (probably more than they credited him with).

In hindsight I think it was good for me that Dave was kicked out of Metallica. This way he wasnt held back by a sub-par drummer. He could go all out and write the music he wanted (which I rank higher than Metallicas). Besides we got both Megadeth and Metallica now instead of just one of the bands. But hey maybe Dave + Hetfield would have been totally awesome on a whole different level. Who knows?

I gotta go with Mega. I feel like metallica sold out and this new video "The day that never comes" really gets on my nerve! The song really, really sucks to me and it's like they are trying to rehash the flat And...Justice sound(which I liked back THEN). Also Lars is a whiney bitch, in this video he looks and acts like Paul Shaffer the leader of Dave Lettermans tonight show band.LOL
Megadeth always seemed like a "Serious" band to me. But that's just my opinion.