Mikael A. in new (July '05) Guitar World

NineFeetUnderground said:
a PRS shirt for an album photo? seems like a strange choice. im assuming it was taken for the magazine article, or maybe just random 2005 promo photos.
mmm yeah you're probably right. still an awesome pic though, would be cool to see a band photoshoot in that brownish background..

that expression Akerfeldt has, apparently raising his eye brow to God, giving him a "pfft... fuck you, I ain't getting nailed to no cross", is brilliant. So is that old photograph development effect... It gives me the willies. I think our ears are all in for a real treat. I feel a storm brewing... and it looks big and awesome.

gr1m and tr00 said:
mikepic.gif
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I really agree with him on that....he seems to be heavily praised as an underground guitarist...even though Nevermore ain't that underground really. the top 100 metal guitarist's GW list didn't even have him...but they did have Akerfeldt/Lindgren, chuck schuldiner, andy laroque, tom g. warrior, glenn tipton kk downing, etc...

NineFeetUnderground said:
*sticks finger in nose*

but but but...into eternity, orphaned land and woods of ypres rox hardz!! right?! :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk:

;)

haha man, i finally heard Orphaned Land the other night, their video for a song from Mabool was on a metal show, and well, i dont get all the hype surrounding the band, the song was pretty crap i thought, and the video was really really crude, yarrrr matey mermaids

OpethNZ said:
haha man, i finally heard Orphaned Land the other night, their video for a song from Mabool was on a metal show, and well, i dont get all the hype surrounding the band, the song was pretty crap i thought, and the video was really really crude, yarrrr matey mermaids

nice to know im not alone. dont get me wrong, they dont suck...theyre obviously talented...and not doing anything completely unoriginal. however, i just dont think theyre very good at all...or worth spending time listening to. i guess if you just NEED that metal sound all the time, then theyre an ok alternative band to the normal repertoire. i on the other hand can name about 50 bands off hand at any time id rather listen to than orphaned land.

Is Orphaned Land some pro-Judaism band? I downloaded a few songs from Mabool and it sure sounds like it. Wasn't super impressed with the music, but it wasn't bad either.
just curious, religious rock music is cheesy.