To Mikael, From a longtime fan...

Stormwatch said:
Your sig is bang out of order, there's no way that shit should be allowed on an Opeth forum it's totally offensive.

The line about Lopez is pretty daft as well.
lol

i have 6.66 posts per day! im satan!

I first heard Opeth last year, not long before the release of Ghost Reveries. I can remember I listened to a streaming of The Grand Conjuration and another song from GR online. Right after GR was released I bought it, and listened to it time after time. I was so amazed and stunned. My life and not least musical tastes has changed very much after I first heard them. So far I have seen them live one time. It was at a festival (Quart, Kristiansand - Norway), so they only played 45 minutes. They played here in Norway in the autumn/winter last year too, but I could unfortunately not see them because there was a age limit (18 years, and I was 16 or 17 at the time - can't remember exactly). :)

Triste said:
Dude. You need to actually start buying albums...downloading is for suckers.
...kids these days....yeesh!

And I have to agree that it's about time a thread has lasted this long without disintegrating into "stfu n00b"..."OH! you just got pwned!"...I browse the forum quite often just to keep abreast of events and such and as someone who has been here since the forum first started, it really has lost a lot of it's charm and it gets rather tiresome sifting through all the bs...

Anyway, I have gone through periods where I've listened only to Opeth as well (e.g. MAYH twice a day for 3 months straight ...) because sometimes the music is SO fucking good you just can't get enough. Hell, if I could bake it in a cake and eat it, I would, that's how good they are.

That's not to say that I don't listen to other music...but something about Opeth just....mmmmm....can't get enough.

haha..I could relate to this to. the only difference was that in my case I couldn't listen to anything but Opeth for a good six to seven months. I was just so obsessed with them during that time period which was between 1998/1999. I still find myself having these phases here and there but it pales to what it used to be in the past. But I have to admit I still love Opeth. I mean shit I'm still not bored of Ghost Reveries. How could this be possible for a band to have so much replay value?

Anyway nice to see some of the 2001 era posters on here.

good night.