Best Mikael GROWL

griev0r

Here is Nowhere
May 13, 2007
Florida
Ok, I'm not talking about the death vox with lyrics, which are awesome as we all know. On certain songs Mikael will come back into the heavier parts of the song with the meanest most evil growls. Everytime I hear it in a song I get goosebumps. I think the best one is in the song Blackwater Park when it comes back from the long acoustic passage and the heavy guitars come back oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!. :kickass:
I actually showed my cousin that song and he said he got the shivvers on that part, haha. Harlequin Forest has a good one too. Whats your favorite death growl? :heh:

"The Moor" a little after the 10:15 mark. Spooks me every time.

That one definitely has an "evil" sound to it since it comes right after a quiet, mellow passage. Fits sooooo nicely.

I also gotta go with the ending of Karma.

its not the same, but on the lamentations dvd, and other live proformances there is a part in deliveriance where mike stands away from the mic, and yells/screams/growls from say 5 feet from the back and gets closer and screams

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. all over now
forgotten why i needed this
standing down
disappear into the obscure

its i think the second time he says those lines. you guys probably know what im talking about. its not his evilist, but i think its pretty cool.

Yeah, holy shit how could I forget The Moor. Still Life got me into Opeth. I love that song. Hope to hear it live one day, would shit my pants.

On Serenity Painted Death, right before he goes into "darkness reared its head" he starts an amazing growl that stays in the background for a good little while, which always gives me the creeps.

Also, the one in Harlequin Forest is awesome, as well as the one from Blackwater Park.

but is she of man, made of flesh and blood, or is she the offspring of the unholy ->>>>>>>>>

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't really have a favourite, but the one at 8:13 in Reverie/Harlequin Forest does always grab me. However, there's plenty of others that are just as awesome or better, this is just the first one that springs to mind.