Best Mikael GROWL

For lyricless growl, my fav has to be the last one in BWP, 9:47-9:57. I got into them more recently than some of you (probably younger than the majority of the forum) and BWP was the first album I got into.

The growl in the first few seconds of Wreath is killer because it comes in right after this crazy drumroll, and its just so random. Definitly sets the tone for the rest of the album. Another great one off of Deliverance is around the 2:30 mark in Master Apprentices. They get done with all the complex riffage than a single guitar comes in with the next riff, than the other guitar joins, a drumfill, and then Mike does his growl. Another off the top of my head is at the begining of When. It starts off with a real clean relaxing melody and then out of nowhere Mike come in with this massive scream and the song starts. I really like those fast changes in mood, keeps ya on your toes, haha.

^Which is why that line from Crimson kicks so much ass

...or is she the offspring of the unholy GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

In "Master's apprentices" this part:
"Plunging into the deepest void Departed shell left drained behind"
right after the slow part!!
The verse is a killer too!!!

Probably the growling in the introduction of April Ethereal. Baying of the Hounds has some wicked growling as well. The Grand Conjuration has a great moment as well at the part where he growls, "Whispered conjurations."

Maybe the end in the Baying of the hounds:

"And so, cold touch now inhumane
Every waking hour
Awaiting a reverie to unfold
And now they are calling me
Louder by the minute
The baying of the hounds
Calling me back to my home"

This is not a one separate growl but I don't care.

One of the best growls is also in The Grand Conjuration around 05:46 - 06:11 obviously it has some delay or something in it.

and

"THEEEEE GRAAANDD COOOON-JUU-RAAAA-TIOOOOOOOOOOON!"

I'd have to say the one at 2:13 in Nectar, after the acoustic bit. Fits so perfectly with the music. :)

Oh, btw I'm new, so hi ;)

April Ethereal 5:50 from then on. Best growl ever, considering what's coming after the 10 second session. Some of the best riffage on a song ever.

God I love April Ethereal.

Yeah his bloodbath work is outstanding!!!
"fucking fool doesn't matter that you pray, You will die, cause its you that I will slay.."

Taken from Breeding Death

My second favorite would be the first few lines in Bleak....my ex wife used to like the song except for the beginning part...which of course was great that it made her shiver. Fast foward 2 years later...she actually has 2 death metal albums...one being Blackwater Park, and the other Garden of Shadows.:heh: