Tearing within the reeling haze
Took control, claiming my flesh
Piercing rage, perfect tantrum
Each and every one would die at my hand
Choking in warm ponds of blood
At last, weak and torn, I went down
Drained from strength, flickering breath" from Serenity Painted Death

and

"Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark, the sun sets forever over Blackwater Park"

All brilliantly delivered.

I like the first one in The Night and the Silent Water, after right after the acoustic interlude when the distortion kicks in. It was like it was building pressure and then just blows up when he growls.

Ok, I'm not talking about the death vox with lyrics, which are awesome as we all know. On certain songs Mikael will come back into the heavier parts of the song with the meanest most evil growls. Everytime I hear it in a song I get goosebumps. I think the best one is in the song Blackwater Park when it comes back from the long acoustic passage and the heavy guitars come back oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!. :kickass:
I actually showed my cousin that song and he said he got the shivvers on that part, haha. Harlequin Forest has a good one too. Whats your favorite death growl? :heh:

How hard is this to understand?

My favorite growl is at 2:40 of "Under the Weeping Moon", when Mike chokes at the end of the line "riding the fires of the northern gold". Cracks me up every time I hear it :lol:

"Your gaze covered with virgin snow
Rigid features
It's the shallow deeds who is to blame
Deafening shrieks pierced the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT-UGH!"

Leper Affinity, badass..

OK, it's a growl with lyrics but I have to put my vote on the amazing "God?" on Edge of Sanity's 'Crimson' which has already been mentioned a few times earlier in the thread. Shivers all through my body. Every time.

EDIT: ...oh and of course need to mention the fantastic screams that lead into the "chorus" in Demon of the Fall. Total grimness.

Um, In The Mist She Was Standing anyone? 9:24 ~ 9:34 or 10:19 ~ 10:27. No lyrics, just straight out roar. The start of The Moor is layered, so it loses points.