But I'm quite pleased to say that
I've liked Opeth for a number of
years now, MAYH and Morningrise
being established as my long term
favourites at this point, although
having said I virtually like everything
else too :loco:

So in all in all, a fairly pointless post... nevermind

Point is though, who really gives a faecal matter when anyone started listening to something anyway. Having bought the first record when any given band was still eating leftover cornflakes with stale beer in uncle arthur's basement and recording a demo on their old reel to reel from 1974 doesn't really make anyone an expert on any given band or make their opinion on anything to do with the music anyone makes more valid. The point I was making was that there are a lot of people on this forum that have the vocabulary of a six year old and mentality of a rhesus monkey that pretend to be die hard fans from the start as though this makes whether they like or dislike something more valid. No one person's opinion is worth more than anyone elses when it comes to whether a piece of music is good or bad.

I am radically tiring of being nice to you retards.

I am sure the basic premise remains though. Whether I use what you consider expletives is beside the point completely. Words are words they each have their own etymology and significance. I'm not trying to impress anything on you anyway prognostic since I am still waiting for you to respond to the last discourse you entered into with me about how 'talent' is intrinsically inate in one individual and not another.

Nothinggod said:
Point is though, who really gives a shit when anyone started listening to something anyway. Having bought the first record when any given band was still eating leftover cornflakes with stale beer in uncle arthur's basement and recording a demo on their old reel to reel from 1974 doesn't really make anyone an expert on any given band or make their opinion on anything to do with the music anyone makes more valid. The point I was making was that there are a lot of people on this forum that have the vocabulary of a six year old and mentality of a rhesus monkey that pretend to be die hard fans from the start as though this makes whether they like or dislike something more valid. No one person's opinion is worth more than anyone elses when it comes to whether a piece of music is good or bad.

What you're really doing is dismissing the need or desire for discussion of any band. So, why bother having a board, and in turn, why do you bother adding to it? Maybe it's you who should go away. All you do is alienate all the posters with your self induldging superiority complex...so what exactly is your point in being here? To dictate what and what not to discuss? You're really quite a dick...I can't imagine too many here would disagree. Everyone is putting me down for being 40 and being here...what the hell is your story? Aren't these just a bunch of kids having fun? Who the fuck are you to tell them how to do it?

schenkadere said:
What you're really doing is dismissing the need or desire for discussion of any band. So, why bother having a board, and in turn, why do you bother adding to it? Maybe it's you who should go away. All you do is alienate all the posters with your self induldging superiority complex...so what exactly is your point in being here? To dictate what and what not to discuss? You're really quite a dick...I can't imagine too many here would disagree. Everyone is putting me down for being 40 and being here...what the hell is your story? Aren't these just a bunch of kids having fun? Who the fuck are you to tell them how to do it?

I think the real problem is your obvious inferiority complex. You are the one that has felt the need to point out my superiority. I never said I was any such thing. In fact I have said time and time again that my opinion on any given subject is no more important than anyone elses, explicitly or otherwise. You obviously percieve me as authoritive in a way you are obviously not, and before you argue let me point out one last time that I served you up a nice creme de la arse on three occasions now at least. I personally don't see what making an idiot of yourself like an arrogant knownothing faecal matterbag and expecting to be taken seriously has to do with fun, but as you so eloquently put it "to each his own". I don't see what comments like "ur a noob ur taste in music sucks mine is da bezt" have to do with discussing a band either. The problem you and your ilk have on this forum is that you have some ignorant, conjecture based opinions that mostly you will get away with because most people are just as dimwitted. As soon as your opinions are challenged you run for the hills and start ranting about arbitrary nonsense. It's really pathetic.

Also though, why would I care what anyone else thinks? If I have a superiority complex I would surely not care what people who I obviously think are below me think about anything. As I said to Prognostic on another thread, why should my motive be anything more than to generate a response? Furthermore I think I make quite a valid contribution to the discussion of music in general, far from the utterly, dare I say again, arbitrary nonsense some of you post.

As for dicatating what to discuss, well that all comes back to something else I said to Prognostic. If you are free to have an opinion and expect it should be respected you in turn have to realise that others will have a difference of opinion and equally have the right to express it. I don't tell anyone what they can and can't talk about. I merely point out how based on conjecture it is or challenge them to quantify it. That whole "don't pick on my opinion" nonsense is childish and defensive and only shows you have no confidence in what you say in the first place but are too arrogant to admit it.

Nothinggod said:
I think the real problem is your obvious inferiority complex. You are the one that has felt the need to point out my superiority. I never said I was any such thing. In fact I have said time and time again that my opinion on any given subject is no more important than anyone elses, explicitly or otherwise. You obviously percieve me as authoritive in a way you are obviously not, and before you argue let me point out one last time that I served you up a nice creme de la arse on three occasions now at least. I personally don't see what making an idiot of yourself like an arrogant knownothing shitbag and expecting to be taken seriously has to do with fun, but as you so eloquently put it "to each his own". I don't see what comments like "ur a noob ur taste in music sucks mine is da bezt" have to do with discussing a band either. The problem you and your ilk have on this forum is that you have some ignorant, conjecture based opinions that mostly you will get away with because most people are just as dimwitted. As soon as your opinions are challenged you run for the hills and start ranting about arbitrary nonsense. It's really pathetic.

You really take this and yourself WAY too seriously...lighten up, dude...sorry if that's not eloquent enough for you...you're gonna give yourself an aneurism. If you continue stating and trying to point out how dimwitted or unintelligent me and others here seem, then I would say that justifies my claims...you're blinded by your own arrogance. I do see you as authoritative...I see you as the premiere authority on being a tremendous cunt.:worship: I hope you find yourself a nice life partner to cool your jets.

Nothinggod said:
Also though, why would I care what anyone else thinks? If I have a superiority complex I would surely not care what people who I obviously think are below me think about anything. As I said to Prognostic on another thread, why should my motive be anything more than to generate a response? Furthermore I think I make quite a valid contribution to the discussion of music in general, far from the utterly, dare I say again, arbitrary nonsense some of you post.

As for dicatating what to discuss, well that all comes back to something else I said to Prognostic. If you are free to have an opinion and expect it should be respected you in turn have to realise that others will have a difference of opinion and equally have the right to express it. I don't tell anyone what they can and can't talk about. I merely point out how based on conjecture it is or challenge them to quantify it. That whole "don't pick on my opinion" nonsense is childish and defensive and only shows you have no confidence in what you say in the first place but are too arrogant to admit it.

Wow...you have a truly distorted train of thought(my favorite Dream Theater album).

You talk down about everyone, yet you care to offer your opinion to create a response...where's the logic in that?

You will only make a valid contribution if you properly present to your given audience. If those you present to are not willing to accept the manner in which it is presented, then the point is mute. I wouldn't quote Shakespeare in a monkey cage.

Please take your meds before you hurt yourself.

Typical defensive and arbitrary response. On the contrary, faecal matterhead, you are the arrogant idiot that tried desperately to correct me and only made youself look more stupid and here you are still arguing, only now you are trying to make it personal. You are the fucking idiot that said 'I live and breathe music, I just never persued it' Like that was a choice. Honestly I don't know a single professional musician, and believe me sunshine, I know a few, that would say that kind of nonsense. They generally do take music seriously enough to know how full of faecal matter people like you are. At 40 years old the best you can do for an insult is 'find a life partner'. You don't make many assumptions at all. I know why it comforts you to think these forums are a place for idiotic kids to rant and rave about childish gibberish though.

More idiotic assumptions. Don't assume that everyone is as stupid as you for a start. If you feel that you are being 'talked down to' I suggest it is that you are an idiot and have no self esteem anyway. I don't know though your ability to follow logic is pretty inadequate if you ask me. As if you have any idea what I do and don't care about.

Oh and by the way I wouldn't assume that my 'audience' is limited to the posters on this forum. Then again you are the king of assumption if nothing else.

Nothinggod said:
More idiotic assumptions. Don't assume that everyone is as stupid as you for a start. If you feel that you are being 'talked down to' I suggest it is that you are an idiot and have no self esteem anyway. I don't know though your ability to follow logic is pretty inadequate if you ask me. As if you have any idea what I do and don't care about.

Oh and by the way I wouldn't assume that my 'audience' is limited to the posters on this forum. Then again you are the king of assumption if nothing else.

Wow...you have serious issues. Whew!:OMG:

No really, you aren't 40 are you? A 12 year old could come up with a better response than that. I think though at this point in time the best thing you could do is go about your business and stop trying to match wits with me. It's clearly a waste of both of our time.

Nothinggod said:
Typical defensive and arbitrary response. On the contrary, shithead, you are the arrogant idiot that tried desperately to correct me and only made youself look more stupid and here you are still arguing, only now you are trying to make it personal. You are the fucking idiot that said 'I live and breathe music, I just never persued it' Like that was a choice. Honestly I don't know a single professional musician, and believe me sunshine, I know a few, that would say that kind of nonsense. They generally do take music seriously enough to know how full of shit people like you are. At 40 years old the best you can do for an insult is 'find a life partner'. You don't make many assumptions at all. I know why it comforts you to think these forums are a place for idiotic kids to rant and rave about childish gibberish though.

Man, you have some dillusional scenario rattling around in that wormhole between your ears. I don't know what you think is going on here, but you've taken it to another planet. You can't be well. Settle down and have a sip of that Earl Grey you so enjoy...chamomile may be more soothing.

Ok you are right I am wrong. Tell me again how it's "antecedents and consequence" and not antecedent and consequent phrasing? What is the dillusional scenario though? I really wonder. Let me see you make another set of arbitrary assumptions about me.

Nothinggod said:
No really, you aren't 40 are you? A 12 year old could come up with a better response than that. I think though at this point in time the best thing you could do is go about your business and stop trying to match wits with me. It's clearly a waste of both of our time.

No way...you're good sport...I've never seen anyone get so worked up over nothing. Here's a question for you..what is your original point?

I had two points actually. Firstly that most of the 'faecal matters' on this forum don't realise that thier opinion is not a definitive statement of fact and therefore whether they think Ghost Reveries is a commercial 'sell out' or a brilliant work of art is beside the point. The point is whether you like it or not and realising that whether you like it or not has more to do with your point of view than it does with the band and their approach to music. Because really I doubt they give a faecal matter. Which brings me to your statement about audiences again. The work will attract its own audience, and doesn't need to appease those that think they should be appeased either way. Just because someone bought an Opeth record doesn't make their opinion on anything to do with the band or their works of any value.

Secondly that music is not a contest, if you or anyone else thinks that they don't get it at all. On the other hand, and let me preempt what I think your likely response will be, there is a great deal of difference between that and being arrogant enough to think that being misinformed and ignorant about something puts you in any position to argue the point with someone who knows better. Your whole "I live music but I'm not a professional" thing completely missed the point of what I was saying in the first place. What you lack is credibility to be honest and it has nothing to do with whether you are professional or not. It's ok though I can understand how you can't see where I am playing devil's advocate by throwing your own argument back at you. My original comment had to do with the fact that no matter how great you think you are or how many accolades people give you, you are only subject to popular opinion at best and opinions are fickle and not even close to being any kind of absolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.