Mikael We need to know something about the new album

Dec 25, 2007
Mikael, I was thinking on the new album and I can`t fucking wait to listen to it. I`d like to know something interesting about, like any track title, your favorite track, something new, I don`t know, anything you`d want to talk about.
I would like to know about the "nick drake thing" that you said before.
Anyway, I did this thread like a way to get information about and If you read this please tell us what you`d like to talk about.

:headbang::kickass::worship:

I read some bad news conserning the album's release. This month's Terrorizer says the album's tentative release date is June 16. :O That's not the final release date though and lets hope it never will be. Considering the fact that album's done it sounds pretty stupid to delay it so long. Releasing it in spring during the Dream Theater tour would be just great and good enough spot for the album to come out but it seems that guys in Roadrunner are thinking that several and several months of advance promotion is needed. Damn.

June 16th...
If you save 10 cents every day you'll be able to afford it on the release date
peace

its stupid as hell to delay it that long.

release it when the tour starts, let people who aren't opeth fans *yet* buy it after they see them live. =]

I hate the record labels, most of all the big ones. Ita all money though, the fuckers think if they delay it longer, more people would go after it. Fuckin toss pots.

I read some bad news conserning the album's release. This month's Terrorizer says the album's tentative release date is June 16. :O That's not the final release date though and lets hope it never will be. Considering the fact that album's done it sounds pretty stupid to delay it so long. Releasing it in spring during the Dream Theater tour would be just great and good enough spot for the album to come out but it seems that guys in Roadrunner are thinking that several and several months of advance promotion is needed. Damn.

actually makes plenty of sense. Roadrunner has to set up promo-packs for the 'zines arrange interviews for magazines and webzines, book a coinciding World Tour. And it all needs to fall around the release date. Artwork + album + press + promotion = a long wait after recording is done.