Mosh Pits

Pethical said:
i remember this guy! massive douche! :yuk:

ahahah the funniest thing was when he said "congrads on getting on the charts!" and Mike just looked at him dead pan and said " we dont care about charts" ahahahaha... that guy was the most annoying guy ive ever been infront of at a concert

generally opeth's songs are too long and people cant/dont want to mosh for 10 minutes straight... I dont think opeth's music really allows for it too be honest. Ive seen opeth 4-5 times now and have seen the people that try and mosh too the first few songs, but generally people tend to calm down after they realize that people would rather listen than thrash around like idiots.

I agree though that opeth has some really heavy headbanging worthy music, and I'd much rather do that than mosh around for 10 minutes straight...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with moshing at an Opeth concert, as long as you're not doing it to Face of Melinda or something. A song like Blackwater Park calls for it. And Mike himself encourages moshing. As for myself, I very rarely ever mosh nowadays. And to say that Opeth's songs are too long to mosh for 10 minutes straight just doesn't make any sense... nobody said you have to mosh to the whole song o_O

At the Melb show I went to there was a bit of moshing... very tame compared to some of the metalcore gigs i've been to though.

I agree it is completley wrong to mosh at an Opeth show. I can't even hardly bang my head while watching them live, you just have to stand and watch, maybe tap your foot.

yes, seating at an opeth show wouldn't feel awkward to me. at the chronology show in chicago everyone decided to stand, but there was no movement at all until demon of the fall.

moshing in general is stupid, but can you really blame devildriver or slipknot fans for moshing at shows? theres nothing talented to watch. and no offense to those who dig DD and slipknot, although it's terrible you do.

i actually did mosh once. the first "metal show" i ever went to. it was shadows fall and nevermore opening for in flames. well, when in flames came on, warrel dane and jeff loomis went into the pit and started moshing with everyone, which i was in the middle of no less. so it was a bit of a "when in rome" kind of thing. but anyway, typically any mosh activity is complete san francisco-core.

Ok, I don't mind push pits.

Hardcore dancing. I've seen a lot of that. I hate it. Hardcore dancers should die, twice.

For me there are a few bands that I dont mosh too. Well I dont mosh at all but if i wanted to I wouldn't do it to either Opeth and Dream Theater (I know there not really band to mosh to but they have some songs that you could, Glass Prision and This Dying Soul). I'd rather just listen and watch since they are just so good live.

FRUGiHOYi said:
(Intro-Lil Wyte)
Yea this Lil Wyte layin down for dat HCP
We bout ta throw these boys in the mufuckin Mosh Pit
For those of yall who dont know what a mosh pit is
It's just a bunch of drunk ignant mufuckas gettin the shit whooped outta dem to some music
(Chorus-Lil Wyte)2x
Throw em in da mosh pit
stomp em in da mosh pit
Swing yo muthafucken fist
and beat em in da mosh pit
(Juicy J)
It's da Juice *wha*
Off in da club *wha*
So raise your set high in da air and show me love *wha*
We drankin beer *wha*
We smokin pure *wha*
It just alive wit three 6 mafia in yo ear *wha*
We sippin sippin surp *wha*
You might get hurt *wha*
We snatchin bitches beatin em down in da dirt *wha*
We dont play fair *wha*
We throwin chairs *wha*
So if you scarry get your ass up outta here *wha*
(DJ Paul)
Now show them golds *wha*
And swing dem bows *wha*
Take your shirt off and commence to whoopin hoes *wha*
We got dat dangerous *wha*
Dem boys is stranjas *wha*
Dem boys scared to fuck wit us but I don't blame em *wha*
We swingin nine's *wha*
And poppin guns *wha*
Roll wit da countriest mufuckas don't run *wha*
swing back swing back *wha*
cock back cock back *wha*
clear da room like click click BOOM
(Chorus)2x
(Pimp C)
Here I come *wha*
An only son *wha*
I'm goin straight out da ghetto to #1 *wha*
Im gettin higher *wha*
I'm on fire *wha*
So all you haters better get ready to retire *wha*
I'm on da scene *wha*
I keep it mean *wha*
I went from havin no cheddah to bling bling *wha*
I got some ice *wha*
I'm never nice *wha*
And I'm a killa so dont make me say it twice *wha*
Straight outta memphis *wha*
Can I get a witness *wha*
And i be lookin for da chickins wit a thickness *wha*
I'm here forever *wha*
Any kinda weather *wha*
You say you don't take advice you fucken betta *wha*
My anger's swellin *wha*
My hate is dwellin *wha*
I might be naughty or nice there aint no tellin *wha*
My mind is trashed *wha*
I'm about to blast *wha*
Not even a hero can save yourt fucken ass *wha*
(Chorus)3x
(Lil Wyte)
See dat lil Wyte *wha*
Im from da bay *wha*
I do not play *wha*
You best ta pray *wha*
Dis is my time *wha*
Im bout ta blind *wha*
I'm smokin pine *wha*
I am so high *wha*
I'm bout ta ride *wha*
best not collide *wha*
Cause if I see you I'm creepin up from behind *wha*
You betta hide *wha*
You on my side *wha*
You in my hood and I know I'm up on yo mind *wha*
I'll break it down *wha*
Just like a pound *wha*
Of some of the prettiest ghetty tha you done found *wha*
I am the main *wha*
You are the lame *wha*
I'll fuck you up worse then the effect of a plane *wha*
This is the real *wha*
Throw it like a field *wha*
Then get back off in da kitchen where you can chill *wha*
I roll wit killas *wha*
And drug dealas *wha*
And all the othas I kick it wit bout dey skrillas *wha*
Throw em in da mosh pit
Very true, I have that cd iirc. Nothing groundbreaking tbph :oops:

Prognostic said:
i've never been in (or seen) a mosh pit. the only concerts i've been to so far is some shit rapper named method iirc, and supposedly an underground one named mc doom.

MF Doom. He's great!

I never understood moshing either, it just seems so forced and fake. People were moshing to ISIS last time I saw them and some fucking ass even got on stage and stage dived.. I almost punched him in the face. It was funny though cause the bassist was just giving him the most WTF look for the few seconds he was on stage.

BRI said:
There are always mosh pits at Opeth shows, but it's generally from the metalheads that go to every metal concert they can, and not the fans that actually want to listen.

Ah, spot on. Really annoys me seeing the same sorts of fuckwits turning up to shows and being as fucking rough as they can just for the sake of it, not because they're actually fans of the music.

Headbanging and headbanging only. Like stated, it's even hard to do that. Much more enjoyable to watch. Unless it's the end of Masters Apprentice, or the Leper Affininty or likewise.