Mosh Pits

Mosh pits are stupid. I usually stand outside of the pit and think to myself that these people look like retarded apes. The only acceptable things to do at metal shows are the following:

1) headbang
2) pound beers incessantly
3) stand with your arms crossed and don't smile

That's funny Alexi getting mad about being spit on. I wouldn't want to be within ten rows of him. He's like a sprinkler.

I got the whole thing on video too, aside from the guy getting beat, at my main venue it's easy to get the front, I didn't take THIS particular video but this was his reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mosh pits are stupid. I usually stand outside of the pit and think to myself that these people look like retarded apes.

I always try to find a good spot outside the damn pits to watch the show safely. It's stupid indeed. There was a giant guy at Obituary's gig who was kicking the kids' asses real hard (the sweaty type someone already mentioned). Later that night he sent a drunk girl to the floor while wind milling :erk: It was K.O.

New York is full of assholes in unbent-brim baseball caps. Unavoidably retarded.

+however many to Cythraul's point #3. NO FUN AT METAL

Mosh pits are stupid. I usually stand outside of the pit and think to myself that these people look like retarded apes. The only acceptable things to do at metal shows are the following:

1) headbang
2) pound beers incessantly

Thanks for the tip :D may try that at download this year :rofl:

Ever since I started shaving my head two years ago, this is what I have been doing for most of the concerts I've been to. It's not like I'm trying to be like every other skinhead that stands like that towards the back..but somehow it's much more comfortable and enjoyable. Also, headbanging without long hair just isn't the same anymore..

Ever since I started shaving my head two years ago, this is what I have been doing for most of the concerts I've been to. It's not like I'm trying to be like every other skinhead that stands like that towards the back..but somehow it's much more comfortable and enjoyable. Also, headbanging without long hair just isn't the same anymore..

From what I've seen the skinheads more or less dominate the pits than sit in the back folding their arms.

I got the whole thing on video too, aside from the guy getting beat, at my main venue it's easy to get the front, I didn't take THIS particular video but this was his reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInmR9JoGS0

I hate it when dudes in bands do this. It freaks me out, the way another human being can incite mob hatred just with a few words and his status as the "celebrity". If Alexi got down and hit the guy himself I would probably think 'fair enough' although I guess a lot of other guys would still lay into the same dude anyway then, but yeah. Like when that queens of the stone age dude started shouting at some kid and security basically had to save his ass.

As for moshpits, I dunno. Violent moshpits are kinda gay tbh, the Dying Fetus one featured a load of skinheads going round with their hands above their heads in prayer like christwarriors or something. They seemed to be thoroughly damaging some people.

It's also fucking annoying when some small-cocked dude decides to make his way to the front by forcibly pushing and pulling people out the way, although those people usually get told at some point or another.

I echo the praise of Amon Amarth moshpits. That band seems to draw the exact right mix of nerd and wannabe-viking to create a brotherhood type atmosphere, where you get to connect with the music physically (headbanging, windmilling etc.) but without getting some sub100IQ monkey smashing you in the back of the head. Amon Amarth at Metal Camp 09 had a great pit in the rain and the mud, extremely gay but fun nonetheless. I swear there was a chain of about 20 people headbanging and falling over at one point; it created a large sense of 'feral belonging' for lack of a better term.

Pits are basically very band-dependent for me.

Also lols at krampus' cunt punt.

Mosh pits are the biggest cliche in metal. It's like wearing a sleeveless jean jacket covered in band patches; there was a time and place for that, and that time has passed. Why? Because mosh pits only work with pop punk and crabcore now, genres in which the music is so shitty that you HAVE to windmill kick someone in the face in order to stand it. When I go to a metal show, I want to be able to pay attention without some dumbass karate kid spilling my beer.

Mosh pits are the biggest cliche in metal. It's like wearing a sleeveless jean jacket covered in band patches; there was a time and place for that, and that time has passed. Why? Because mosh pits only work with pop punk and crabcore now, genres in which the music is so shitty that you HAVE to windmill kick someone in the face in order to stand it. When I go to a metal show, I want to be able to pay attention without some dumbass karate kid spilling my beer.

Translation: I've never been to a (real) metal concert and I'm so cool I have to hate on anything fun.

Oh, and if you don't want anyone spelling your beer (which I doubt you're even old enough to drink), you don't HAVE to go in the pits, stay in the back. Christ, how hard is it to figure this out?

Translation: I've never been to a (real) metal concert and I'm so cool I have to hate on anything fun.

Oh, and if you don't want anyone spelling your beer (which I doubt you're even old enough to drink), you don't HAVE to go in the pits, stay in the back. Christ, how hard is it to figure this out?

:lol:

I'll be 22 in a month, so do with that what you will. I do stay in the back, but I love hating on idiots throwing 'bows in the front. I'm not saying don't have fun at a concert because there wouldn't be a point to going, but there are other ways to get into the music as opposed to playfighting with your buddies. I did enough of that in elementary school.

Either way, glad I tickled that funny bone of yours. :rolleyes: