Most Bizarre Stories of Metal Bands

RedFox742

Power/Prog Devotee
Apr 9, 2008
www.pantheracomic.com
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a small writing project chronicling some of the wackiest and strangest histories of heavy metal bands (of any genre). I have a few down, but I could use some more.

So far I have:

- Mayhem (obviously)
- Motley Crue (also obviously)
- Vengeance Rising (Christian death band bizarrely turned outspoken Satanic)
- Helloween (Ridiculous drama and fall in the '90s, + Ingo's suicide)
- Judas Priest (Halford's fashion and sexuality, the "backmasking" fiasco, "Rock Star", etc)

Considering Gorgoroth as well, but I still need to research them a little more.

Anyone have any suggestions? Metal bands with crazy histories?

Anything that involves Dave Mustaine is just lunacy IMO

Others I can think of are:
-Ozzy Vs Dio (Dio being a little bitch, not bizarre per se, but wacky nonetheless)

-Anal Cunt (Punching women in the face with microphones, destroying their own equipment because their drummer didn't know their songs, writing a song making fun of people in a coma - only to have the singer fall into a month-long coma himself years later! etc etc this band has a lot of weird shit going on)

-Carpathian Forest (I'm not sure of any particular story, but I do know that Nattefrost is one sick motherfucker, just listen to Preeteen Deathfuck and you know what I mean..if you do some research you might find something)
-

About the Gorgoroth assault..that article failed to mention that the "victim" was actually a mugger who attacked Gaahl first..not that I'm on his side per se, but it seemed very biased

there was a hair metal band called King Kobra who had a singer called Mark Free.

Well he decided he was a woman and had a sex change. She carried on singing hard rock though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anal Cunt (Punching women in the face with microphones, destroying their own equipment because their drummer didn't know their songs, writing a song making fun of people in a coma - only to have the singer fall into a month-long coma himself years later! etc etc this band has a lot of weird shit going on)
In the early 90's they got booked at some club and were given 45 minutes to play, problem was, at the time all their material combined didn't even come close to lasting that long. So, Seth dives into the drum kit, knowing they had more than enough time to put it back together and still do the set. Still time left, so they went into the crowd shaking hands and introducting themselves to everybody.

Bathory had a pretty crazy history, what with Quorthon moving away from black metal because someone gave him a decapitated kitten...

Also, the relationship between In Flames and Dark Tranquillity could be best described as incestuous.

rkh.jpg

Among other wackiness. I know next to nothing about other Sadistik Exekution stories, but apparently they're notorious for being really fucked up in general. I don't care if any of the stories have a bit of truth to them, as they're entertaining either way.