Dissection - All
Amorphis - Tales from the 1000 Lakes
May Result - Gorgeous Symphonies of Evil
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance, Among the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
Iron Maiden - 7th son of the 7th son
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina

there are many more I'm sure

Originally posted by brightoffski
Recently, I have latched onto the epic nature of Mr Devin Townsend...the music has just kept getting better and better.
Terria and Ocean Machine are at my epic forefront!

Wooo! Devy rocks.. Ocean Machine/Biomech is one of the best albums I've ever heard ... definitely epic

I'll keep to one per band...
King Crimson-In the Court of the Crimson King
Opeth-Morningrise
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
My Dying Bride-Angel in the Dark River

I ve always liked Dantes Inferno by Iced earth -15 minutes long, also the trilogy in something wicked, these are the only songs by ICed earth that are worth a crap, Shoot me for liking a very small amount of power metal, but seasons of change, destiny, and infinity by Stratovarius, i think really hit that sort of deep purple led zeppelin epicness.

Well.. I tried out Graveland- Immortal Pride Now, this album crosses the line from epicness into downright boredom.. I might need to listen to it a few times.. but god..

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I heard this album and was extremely impressed by the lack of boredome that I got from it... I think the first actually song (Sons of Fire and Steel) is done extremely well and has such a GRAND feel, it is a little repetative (not very much at all) but it builds upon this very well. The third song is also similar but shorter, and more variation. The Intro and Outro are really great opener and closer. Listen a few more times I think you would like it, even though I loved it the first time I heard it.

Reactions: midwintertears
Worry not, I haven't given up on graveland...

But are they a nazi band? I've heard rumors, but those rumors seemed to be based on song names that prolly have nothing to do with Naziism (I made that word up)

I was probably in the wrong mood for the music, But I loved the folky elements that I heard.

most epic for me i guess would have to be diabolical masquerade's "death's design"

most epic song i've heard is emperor's "in the wordless chamber"...god damn, i feel like sharpening my sword, putting on my helm and jumping into my longboat to raid england everytime i here those horn...amazing

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
But are they a nazi band? I've heard rumors, but those rumors seemed to be based on song names that prolly have nothing to do with Naziism (I made that word up)

Rob Darken is a neo-nazi. Almost all Polish bands are, they have a very strong NSBM scene over there. I don't know why, if I'm not mistaking they were called untermenschen by the nazi's. Ohwell...I don't support their ideologies but I'm not going to bash them either.

Can someone tell me why polish and russian bands are neonazis, when the nazis considered the polish and russians as subhuman, expendible, and managed to kill great numbers of them, do these bands affiliate themselves with nazism to show their hatred of polish or russian society or something, I am just having a hard time understanding.

I don't support nazi-ideologies myself, but it doesn't bother me that I listen to music made my nazi's.

I actually don't think these bands are ns because they hate polish society, I think it has something to do with their love for their country and their hate against other cultures who want(ed) to replace the polish culture.

Can someone tell me why polish and russian bands are neonazis, when the nazis considered the polish and russians as subhuman, expendible, and managed to kill great numbers of them, do these bands affiliate themselves with nazism to show their hatred of polish or russian society or something, I am just having a hard time understanding.

Well I THINK it is because a lack of exposure to people of different races and religions. If you go to most places in Europe there are VERY FEW people of other races so it is a pretty big deal. Draken (of Graveland) says that since African Americans, Jews, etc. have begun entering his country they have gone downhill. It is just a perception based on complete ignorance of ethnic diversity really.