Most hated band poll

It's all good, Jenna. Kristen answered all my questions I was curious about and I was satisfied with her answers. I'm always interested in the reasons why people have negative opinions towards "significant" bands. Especially rock musicians' takes on other rock bands.

Kristen, I heard/saw the you tube vid of lady gaga on Howard Stern's show... Just her on a piano and vocals. BLEW ME AWAY! She sang with such soul and depth, it was moving.

That's cool. At least we're all civilised people here and can have a proper discussion without blowing up at each other. :)

P.s. I love Lady Gaga!! :D

I have a safe bet for this thread,and I'm fairly sure that everyone will agree with me.OK it's not a band,per se,but Justin Bieber is definitely someone I could slowly torture to death.Of course he's not the only one,but the list would be so huge,it would take a long-long time to write it down. :Smug:

ALL RAP/hip hop Garbage!!! No Emenenm, ICP, Beastie Boyz for me FUCK NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Boy bands,coprorately craeted vanilla pop stars that don't write their own songs, R&B, and I Reallly Really HATE Van Halen (But they're better than any of the above!)

You've got a lot of nerve to say you don't like my sing... eeeeeeeeen.

This is a play on lyrics. Don't shoot me. See Positively 4th Street. :p

Staind. I can't stand that whiney bald bitch. Worst part is, as all the other nu metal bands died off, these guys won't go away. I know it's fashionable to hate Nickelback but they have some occasional good tracks and an overall fun spirit. Staind's singer is just a big crybaby.

Also Kirsten I haven't had your same experience with Gaga, so if you keep singing that la la ra ba ba ba oh na na song while we're in the same section of the airplane, prepare for a literal fork in the ear :p

Speaking of Gaga, cool story: she's actually a huge Iron Maiden fan, when she met them she wanted to hang out with her idols so much that she offered to be their roadie for a couple of shows and they agreed. And this was AFTER she got famous lol. I personally like her music but even metal fans who don't like her music should give her some respect for not being the typical pop star. She honed her chops doing tiny club shows just like a metal band would. She's also a classically trained pianist and writes all of her songs (and even writes songs for other artists). Like I said not the typical pop star.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10193520 said:
This was a hard question! But I agree Bruce Springsteen is a SUPERB choice! :heh: Some top rivals would also be Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead. :puke:

I think I am falling in love with you.

Speaking of Gaga...even metal fans who don't like her music should give her some respect for not being the typical pop star. She honed her chops doing tiny club shows just like a metal band would. She's also a classically trained pianist and writes all of her songs (and even writes songs for other artists). Like I said not the typical pop star.

It's really a shame that we have to live in a world where this is considered to be such a miracle!

I've gone right off FOO FIGHTERS and BLACK STONE CHERRY lately I must admit.

But a band I really can't stand are CRADLE OF FILTH. Seen them 3 times at festivals. Bloody awful so they were.

Theres so so many.

What will make me turn the tv over or the radio?

Korn, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica's Modern stuff (Hetfield used to be my hero and he's turned into a right tit)

Any of this punk by numbers crap that keeps coming out you know the Blink 182 type of bands?
I dont and wont listen to the misfits from the danzig days, its just utter crap. Much much prefer the graves era.

I guess it depends what kind of mood I am in. Theres even maiden songs I just generally cannot be arsed with.

And if I listen to the radio in my car, if it plays a charted single now I turn it off. The British music charts are diabolical and have been for some time. Full of manufactured bands with little or no talent but a big PR machine.

I don't hate any bands. There's tons and tons of music out there that I don't like or think is crap. But I stay away from situations where I'm forced to listen to it... and so they don't really bother me too much.. seriously, if I were to dwell on everything that sucked I would be quite miserable. So, no there's no band that I really "hate".

Except Led Zepplin. Fuck them.