most overrated albums?

Master of Puppets is far from overrated. If anything it is underrated, because it is the best thing I have ever heard and most people alive (other than metal fans) have never heard it. everyone has heard the Beatles "White Album", or "Back in Black" or Eagles "hotel California, or any other Led Zepplein crap, but if it has Metallica on the title "metalheads" say its overrated because it is cool to dislike metallica now. That is fine if you don't like them now, but don't hate on Master of Puppets because that is truly a work of greatness, by a great band in the 80's, it was clearly a great bands best.

Now the Black album I completely agree with, that is very overrated. BUT NOT MASTER!!!!

On that entire list you forgot At The Gates.

What the hell is wrong with you!

Kill 'em All > Lightning > Puppets

Anyone else like the s/t over and justice ?

Carcassian said:
Emperor - All.
Darkthrone - All.
Celtic Frost - Everything past Emperors Return
Mayhem - Everything past De Mysteris
Morbid Angel - Anything pre-Domination

I'd better stop now, I'd be here all day.

you're a fag

my list:

Tool - all
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
any and all Acid Bath
any and all My Dying Bride

:puke: :zombie:
el barto said:
:puke: :OMG: go find a thick rope a tree and then hang yourself. one or two i would have agreed with but for fuck sake do you even like metal or was this an experiment to piss a large amount of people off very quickly and analyse the results

madu said:
Solefald *is* overrated.

I fail to see how they are, I mean most metal communities couldn't care less about them, just because one community (in this case Gamefaqs) likes them alot and talks alot about them does not make them overrated.

See now, Opeth. Every metal community knows of them, and most are constantly fellating them. That makes them overrated.

ohiogrinder said:
Tool - all

I agree. People think they're all "deep" just because they seem to show a more avant-garde mood than other mainstream bands.

Anthrax (I hate them.)
Arch Enemy (What a disgrace to Carcass.)
Cannibal Corpse (I like them but can't take them too seriously.)
Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium
Cephalic Carnage
Children of Bodom (Fucking annoying.)
Destruction
God Forbid (later)
Lamb of God (later)
Metallica (Grossly overrated.)
Megadeth
Opeth
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Sepultura - Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation
The Possesed - Seven Churches/Death Metal (Yes, they're the ones to start death metal along with Death but I still think they were tacky.)

Altars of Madness,Blessed Are The Sick and Covenant are some of the best albums.

Gateways To Annihilation and the new one are shit.