most overrated albums?

You probably do if you like Domination because they started getting more groove-death metal at that point. I like Gateways to Annhilation too but I still dont think it touched Altars.

[/QUOTE]Kill em all > justice > lightning > puppets > others [/CODE]

Master > Kill em All > Justice > Lightning

MASTER!!!!:headbang:

I agree about the Metallica. Master of Puppets is easily one of the top three most overrated albums in metal. I would add:

Megadeth - Rust in Peace
all Dream Theatre
WASP - The Crimson Idol (well, pretty much all their stuff)
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger (good, but far from the best bm album ever)
Testament - Practice What You Preach

All Burzum except for Filsofem and 2 or 3 songs on Det Som Engang Var
Grim Reaper
Mortician
Arch Enemy (all of it)
Voivod (I like em, but... c'mon)
Annihilator (see Voivod)
Dragonforce
Actually, all power metal
Absu
Enslaved
I could make a giant list like Lyle, but I don't want to include bands that are factually proven to suck (Children of Bodom) in a thread about bands that are hypothesized to suck (Marduk).

There is something missing on extreme agression. Pleasure to kill,Endless Pain,Terrible Certainly are a lot better.

Endless Pain is great but amateurish compared to pleasure to kill, like how show no mercy is amatuerish compared to say haunting the chapel and hell awaits. It's still solid regardless.

Helstar, Jag Panzer, Distant Thunder, Overlorde, etc., etc., die.

EDIT: to the fags above IOTS

Dodens Grav said:
Helstar, Jag Panzer, Distant Thunder, Overlorde, etc., etc., die.

EDIT: to the fags above IOTS
Yea.. i mean when most people talk about power metal, they don't have the slightest idea of what GOOD power metal is about, it's like i'm saying that thrash metal sucks because i might not like The Haunted.

IOfTheStorm said:
For the 2323423th time : Most of you don't know anything about power metal, therefore shut up :)
much like you desperately need to keep your greek mouth shut about funeral doom, black metal, etc