Most Overrated Metal Band

Tindor,

Kristin Kreuk is hot, I agree. I'm 24 years old and never missed an episode of Smallville. I guess when you grow up with Superman, you are allowed a few guilty pleasures like Smallville.

Also agree with you on CoF

Originally posted by LucioArgento
Bathory. Everybody seems to bypass the obvious signs of its total and utter crapness.

And Hammerfall - they need to die in a plane crash or something.

.....Have you never heard the awesome Blood,Fire,Death album?....ok I agree it all went abit downhill after that but,overrated,never.

......and Hammerfall have wrote some of the catchiest metal since Iron Maiden......I find your choices somewhat odd..

Deicide. Deicide fucking sucks, and is a band of morons (apart from the drummer).

Did you see what those Hoffman maniacs have said about Morbid Angel? They are just jealous because Trey Azagthoth is a better guitar player than both of them put together.

malmsteen... dio...

LOL

heheh... if any member of slipknot could pull an yngwie out of his repertoire, i would be a man surprised. Hell if ANY popular band could do that..
isnt it funny how the Lest talented bands are the most favoured by the masses? goes against a lot of common sense, surely ?:)

Black Sabbath........Yes I would say the band that people say are the ones who started it all are overrated they were never anything special ozzy never wrote his songs they were just another heavy rock band and they were credited with some thing as great as starting metal and personal I don't think they did back in the early 70's they were still described as heavy rock bands like Deep Purple, Led Zepplin they were all there so how people can credit just Sabbath for it I dunno they had some good songs and that but they were never anything special.

Originally posted by Terminal Spirit Disease
Black Sabbath........Yes I would say the band that people say are the ones who started it all are overrated they were never anything special ozzy never wrote his songs they were just another heavy rock band and they were credited with some thing as great as starting metal and personal I don't think they did back in the early 70's they were still described as heavy rock bands like Deep Purple, Led Zepplin they were all there so how people can credit just Sabbath for it I dunno they had some good songs and that but they were never anything special.

Are you OK in the head?

Originally posted by phyre
I hate having to explain this, but the thing is everyone seems to praise Opeth like some sort of demigods. It seems because they have lyrics with difficult words and really long songs apparently they're musical geniuses and play the most technical and intelligent music ever. Now, I have and enjoy all Opeth albums but I must say the lyrics are half-cruddy until "MAYH"/"Still Life" (downright bad on "Orchid") and while they certainly can play their instruments and write flowing long songs, they're not even close to being worth all the millions of kilograms of praise and 10/10, 100%, 5/5 ratings they get from everywhere without a word of criticism in the review. Opeth fanboys are really annoying.

I agree 100%

How on earth can you list any of the bands above as being overrated i can't walk in my local shops and buy any of it.

Also it does seem like any band which has more than 200 fans is overrated !

Originally posted by GrimSaviour
malmsteen... dio...

LOL

heheh... if any member of slipknot could pull an yngwie out of his repertoire, i would be a man surprised. Hell if ANY popular band could do that..
isnt it funny how the Lest talented bands are the most favoured by the masses? goes against a lot of common sense, surely ?:)

Total Guitar did a feature on Mick (guitar) it included a CD of him playing properly ie. not stuff from Slipknot. He could play Wyngie in fact he does play something simular on the CD that came with the Mag

A quote from him

"I spent my whole life learning guitar and the (producer) Ross Robinson took my solos from me."

Now Strap me to a tree and douse me in Petrol for defending a Slipknot guitarist.

zombie dod . . . I'm with you. I can't find virtually any of the bands listed on this thread (except maybe Slipknot, Megadeth, and those variety). I have to order pretty much every single CD I buy these days.