Sonic Syndicate - Only Inhuman
Swallow the Sun - Hope
With Passion - What We See When We Shut Our Eyes
Blinded Colony - Bedtime Prayers
Deadlock - Wolves
One Man Army And The Undead Quartet - Error in Evolution
Caliban - The Awakening

That sums up my favs. so far..

Would you actually call those albums your 'favourites' ? Because I've listened to an endless amount of albums this year, but there's only a few that I would say truly standout. Maybe I have high standards, but I haven't come across an album that deserves a solid 9/10 rating from me.

Would you actually call those albums your 'favourites' ? Because I've listened to an endless amount of albums this year, but there's only a few that I would say truly standout. Maybe I have high standards, but I haven't come across an album that deserves a solid 9/10 rating from me.

A few of those albums he mentioned are pretty bad, I mean Chimera's Ressurection was piss poor I thought and the Blackening was good just dated at release... I think the defintion of a solid album would be something that will stand the test of time.

Yeah, I've listened to a bunch of those but they didn't think they were that great.

I'll have to add God Module's "Let's Go Dark" to my Favourite Albums of 2007 list, though they are not at all metal.

Dødheimsgard - Supervillain Outcast
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Rotting Christ - Theogonia
Swallow the Sun - Hope

Great stuff. The rest I haven't heard of or I really don't like. Mnemic I can't believe you put up espicially since you listed my favorite album for this year, Supervillain Outcast.

So far I haven't listened to anything that is outstanding but there have been a few have caught my attention.

Naglfar, "Harvest"
Shining, "V - Halmstad"
Akercocke, "Antichrist"

also...
Lunar Aurora, "Andacht"
N.I.L., "N.I.L."

I've also checked out a great number of fairly good releases, but those ones stand out aove the rest though I'm probably forgetting a bunch and there have been a few minor disappointments along the way but I'm sure the year, as always, will get better by the second half.

I also forgot to add Sarpanitum's "Despoilment of Origin" album. I think its a great death metal album. My only complaint is that they should have used a real drummer. The drums sound like maybe they took someone like Hellhammer, gave him two more arms and increased his repetition and speed by 20x.

At first I was quite disappointed with the album. "In Sorte Diaboli" isn't anything amazing but I'd probably rate it an 8/10 which is a slight increase from when I first listened to it, which I probably would have said 7/10. It's still probably my second least favourite Dimmy album.

I'm amazed after all the wait i wasn't dissapointed by the new Dødheimsgard so i'd have to go for that, although it still needs a few more listens to completely get into it i'm sure.

Troll Bends Fir?:p The act's name alone made me interested in checking them out.
From this year I've only haeard Puissance's latest and thought it was really weak compared to previous works. Perhaps I should
spin it some more.

"Troll Bends Fir"? lmao what the hell, what's their album called, "Anael Sek"?
unf-1.gif

Best so far: Abigor - Fractal Possession
Worst so far: Dimmu Burger - In Sorte Boringness