most underrated song

TheBigJones47

giant slab of flesh
Nov 19, 2002
B/CS, Texas, U.S.A.
Visit site
this might be a bit odd, but what do you think is the most underrated Opeth song, in the sense that other fans don't often talk about how awesome it is, but you feel it really kicks arse. personally, i would say "The Apostle In Triumph"; easily my favorite song from the first 3 Opeth albums, maybe my favorite all-time (of course depends on which song i'm listening to at the time). but nobody seems to ever mention it as a great track from Orchid. just strikes me as strange. anywho, just curious to see what songs y'all think get shorted of glory.

Originally posted by A Gathering In Black
i love under the weeping moon.....ive never herd anyone really praise that song... probably one of my fav..

:headbang:

That song creeped me out after a few listens.......I was driving home and it got to that eerie c minor acoustic part.....I got sorta freaked out :headbang:

Under The Weeping Moon definately... anyone seen that this song is one of Mike's favourites?

Also I think In Mist She Was Standing and The Twilight Is My Robe don't get mentioned nearly enough... actually most of Orchid is underrated I think (just because the production is sucky, and there are alot of mistakes doesn't mean we should overlook it).

Wreath (The absolute most underated) .... Almost nobody voted for it in the best of D1 post. I mean honestly how is that not a great song? I think it's one of the best they've ever recorded and would kick major ass live.

The Amen Corner - Purely Awesome

Under the Weeping Moon - Ditto, I wouldnt exactly call In Mist underated..... that is the most known on the whole album along with Forrest.

Originally posted by Darkness Falls
Wreath (The absolute most underated) .... Almost nobody voted for it in the best of D1 post. I mean honestly how is that not a great song? I think it's one of the best they've ever recorded and would kick major ass live.

I love it too, but "A fair judgment" is better IMO, that's why I didn't vote for "Wreath" in the pool :lol:

About Orchid songs, I am one of those who underrate them ;) ...as I don't think "Apostle..." ,"Under the weeping moon"... or "In mist..." are SO amazing...

IMO, "April Ethereal", "Credence" or "Godheads Lament" are underrated...

"By the Pain I See in Others" -- I just can't get over that waltz segment. I can't say it's the most technical or melodic thing I've ever heard, but that one segment and the fact that the rest of the song is good makes it my favorite song on D1.

Originally posted by Alex78
Dirge for November!! I love that one

Very much agreed.

And how the hell can someone say Black Rose Immortal? Everyone goes fucking ape over Morningrise, anyway. I think that whole album is -overrated-.

"Credence": I love this song. Always in the mood for it, and although I sometimes think some songs of Opeth's are too long (*ducks the collective slap from the forum*), I believe that one should be at least twice as long. It's the song that really made me into a fan of Opeth, and oddly enough, I mostly listen to death metal only.

I saw the thread title and "Under the weeping moon" popped into my mind instantly. There is a very unique acoustic passage in the middle of the song (never heard this kind of acoustic passage again in an Opeth song again)...