Mostest easiest Opeth songs on guitar.

It may not be the case with others, but for me, as a beginner, I sucked at solos. So ya, I would avoid songs with long/multiple/fast solos. Only reason I disagree with the suggested Black Rose Immortal. I think The Night and the Silent Water, Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park, Coil, and Hours of Wealth are probably the easiest. Couple of those of little solos but they're not fast or otherwise difficult enough to really be an obstacle. Also, Harlequin Forest is one of the first songs I learned to play all the way through. It's really not hard except a couple of miniscule tricky moments and a tricky rhythm on the outro.

chorus part of demon of the fall is maybe the hardest chorus :S

easiest song for guitar? Under the weeping moon is easy for guitar, and for bass easiest :)

Alright, let's take the word "easy". Imagine you are a perfect n00b and you can't even make a chord that has more than three strings. Which song would you play? I say Weakness is quite easy on guitar :lol::lol: ... or prologue?

Alright, let's take the word "easy". Imagine you are a perfect n00b and you can't even make a chord that has more than three strings. Which song would you play?

I say some of sabbath`s songs ;D
ive started playin bass from this ;P

Patterns in the ivy was the first Opeth song I learnt to play, and it's pretty easy.

Still Day Beneath the Sun is also quite straightforward, and so long as you can fingerpick Benighted is very easy - you do relatively little with the left hand.

I haven't been playing for very long and i have the night and the silent water down pretty solid. Also i found blackwater park to be not that bad once you've been at it for a day or two. Also some parts from BRI, closure, deliverance (i love playing this one), just got a capo and learned hope leaves and windowpane, trying to get down the hours of wealth solo, and the moor.

also for some reason i just cant seem to get that intro to serenity painted death down, any suggestions or maybe a tabs?

Also i just figured out how to tune down my guitar so i'm getting into GR now.

just keep playing and you will gradually get better.

If you haven't been playing for very long and you can get the moor down, I'd like to know your secret. I've been messing around with TNATSW and BRI some though in the last couple of days, the riffs are easy but I'm having memory problems with anything before MAYH. Same reason I never liked those albums quite as much, the songs don't resonate in my skull forever so I honestly couldn't tell you how they sound all the way through. BRI is definitely unique in that way, one of the few songs that really tests your musical memory and endurance way more than your skill.

If you haven't been playing for very long and you can get the moor down, I'd like to know your secret.

haha i don't have the moor down, thats why i said i was working on it. basically i have the first bit up to 3.30 down and also and the semi-solo at 5.13 and some parts after; just takes some practice mate :)

I really don't see what's hard about the chorus and never have..the heavy part after it can be tricky but the rest of the song is about as easy as Opeth gets. And to Tom Vou, lemme know how you do with that little descent under the first riff to be played under vocals. That's where The Moor really owns me..(though the interlude and that lead that plays after "damp mud burning in my eyes" are tricky as well.

^
Trolls really annoy me. If you have nothing of worth to say, Just Dont. Simple.

I think the easiest opeth song to play would be something off the first two albums. I only say that because theyre playing was pretty underdeveloped back then, and there wasnt much complexity to it.

Although In my time of need is pretty simple. but i still find ways to fuck it up!
I actulally covered this and was going to post it, but i need a converter to put it into MP3 form.