Mostest easiest Opeth songs on guitar.

And to Tom Vou, lemme know how you do with that little descent under the first riff to be played under vocals. That's where The Moor really owns me..(though the interlude and that lead that plays after "damp mud burning in my eyes" are tricky as well.

is this the part your talking about? (first one heard around 3.33)
-------------------------------------
----8-----7----------------5---------
-------------6--------5-------4------
-6-----6--------5--4----4--------3---

basically i just use my first three fingers and and go from fret (on the low E string) 6-5-4-3 with my index finger, and have my other fingers go down as well. you fingers basically start on:
-----8-
---7---
-6-----
and you just take that basic form and go down to the next fret playing the notes that need to be played and so on.

if this isn't very clear i suppose i could do a vid or something.

and yea, that interlude really gets me too.

^ And do not forget to not "let ring". So your fingers will go one by one using the position Tom_Vou mentionned, but I think that was all pretty obvious. It's about alternate picking, I guess.

^ And do not forget to not "let ring". So your fingers will go one by one using the position Tom_Vou mentionned, but I think that was all pretty obvious. It's about alternate picking, I guess.

yea true. sometimes i screw up when i have to go from the first string to the third at the start of that bit.

The ones I can play: ( I am not a terrific guitar player I just play for fun and practice till I make it correct)

Epilogue
Ending Credits
Harvest ( chords during solo excluded )
Requiem ( finally after 2 weeks, all the thing I need is more speed for transitions between chord to chord)
Patterns in the Ivy II ( this one is VERY satisfying to play.....Thank you alot Mike for composing this wonderful song )

Outside of the first two albums, I think Demon of the Fall is the easiest heavy song to play. The chorus part takes a little getting used to, but as a total beginner at the guitar I found that the techniques needed for the chorus were pretty good practice for the harder stuff in other songs. Master's Apprentices is pretty manageable too.

Acoustic: Patterns II, To Rid the Disease, Hours of Wealth, and Benighted are all quite manageable for even inexperienced players like me. Fingerpicking is a must though.

The solos that I've found to be easy as a beginner are Windowpane, To Rid the Disease, Wreath (the first one, though there are a couple of arpeggios), and Master's Apprentices (the first one).

I don't know if everyone will agree with this, but I think Opeth is actually a pretty good starter band in terms of aspiring metal guitarists.

Blackwater Park, Wreath, and Deliverance are all really easy riff wise but not* quite the easiest solos (Wreath's first one and Deliverance's second one are easy, the rest are not)

- All Morningrise (and probably Orchid) is super easy to play
- MAYH is usually easy too, mostly simple chords. BUT: Karma has a lot of hard chord progressions.
- BWP has some tricky parts but overall I would rate it beginner+. The Drapery Falls is one of the easiest Opeth songs.
- GR: I don't think it's difficult to play but its mostly weird tunings, so I can't be bothered
- Still Life: I get bored by playing most of it, but it's harder than MAYH. White Cluster's solos aren't really hard to play but kinda difficult to memorize
- Watershed: Fredrik's shredding solos are hard to play, and even some rhythm parts are sort of hard.

Just evaluating some random songs:

- Ending Credits has to be the simplest Opeth song to play - both lead and rhythm
- Master's Apprentices is easiest on Deliverance, followed by A Fair Judgment.
- Face of Melinda's heavy riff is the most satisfying Opeth thing to play, and it's not difficult at all.
- Godhead's Lament's intro chords are fun
- April Ethereal's intro chord progression is super easy and super fun
- Karma's intro and outro progressions are hard to pull off but very satisfying
- Credence's theme is very good to play
- Heir Apparent is both simple and fun

Solo-wise: The hardest Opeth solo is probably Heir Apparent thanks to Fred.

Easiest Opeth solos (I don't know how to play all Opeth solos, just commenting on the ones I do)

- The Drapery Falls
- Master's Apprentices
- Wreath's first solo
- Black Rose Immortal's first solo
- April Ethereal
- When
- Beneath The Mire's distorted solo
- Moonlapse Vertigo
- Porcelain Heart

Harder:

- A Fair Judgment's distorted solo (mostly its intro)
- BRI's second solo
- The Grand Conjuration
- BWP's solo can be tricky
- Leper Affinity
- Funeral Portrait's both solos, 2nd is slighty harder
- Deliverance

Hardest:

- Hex Omega
- Heir Apparent
- White Cluster

An excellent summary of opeth on guitar, there only two personal clarifications I would make:

a) Masters Apprentices really isn't easier than Wreath or Deliverance, I mean the solo and the first two riffs are easy but there's two potentially tricky riffs back to back at 2:00, not really hard but considering Wreath has only one riff that takes more than a minute to get down completely, and Deliverance's only real non-solo challenges are maybe the bridges and the last acoustic part, eh, I'd say they're all equally easy.

b) Morningrise riffs are indeed incredibly easy to play, but due to the fact that each guitar tends to be doing something different at the same time throughout the record and the sheer number of riffs in a song like Advent or Black Rose Immortal, you do need some slight dedication to really learning the songs or you can have issues memorizing them.

Oh and I think the solo on When is at least as tricky as the ones on Deliverance. But w/e, I'm just inconsistent on those arpeggios.

b) Morningrise riffs are indeed incredibly easy to play, but due to the fact that each guitar tends to be doing something different at the same time throughout the record and the sheer number of riffs in a song like Advent or Black Rose Immortal, you do need some slight dedication to really learning the songs or you can have issues memorizing them.

I've never had a desire to learn the Morningrise songs because of this very reason.

Depends.. when you really love a song, you give the time. I tried to learn Black Rose Immortal but how could I memorize the tabs if I don't even know the song itself by heart. Otherwise, Advent is nice to play.

And I sincerly believe Deliverance is harder than Master's Apprentices, no doubt about it. MA's solo = quite easier. All the riffs, are, generally, easier.

the night and the silent water is a fun song to play. also credence is pretty easy and its a good tune.

the end of karma is very rewarding to play. blackwater park just takes a bit of memorization and the riffs arent too hard.

opeth doesnt have any hard songs, just pick any you want to learn and go ahead. The solos(Mike's solos atleast) are all simple too.

You're right, Opeth songs are a breeze to anyone that's played for years and years, but considering I've played for 2 years and not obsessively, I have the right to call some if it hard. You should always think about easy as "easy for Opeth" and hard as "hard for Opeth," because of course it's all going to be hard when you can only play smoke on the water and of course it's all going to be easy when you've played ten years.

There's plenty of other factor's: hours a day, natural talent, etc. etc. - I used to not play a note for days at a time and I'm pretty universally shitty at everything extracurricular to enjoy in life. Anyway, the point is that posts like "Opeth doesnt have any hard songs" are not helpful. If things like that could be objectively true than my post would have never gotten any replies (or been posted for that matter).