Movie tread

Cannibal Holocaust is a classic. It's not really gruesome but it's funny.

Yesterday I saw I spit on your grave. The start is kinda slow but it progresses quite well, giving some nice deaths. Recommended for someone who likes to see rape, blood and creative tortures - nothing THAT explicit anyway.

Well you are obviously used to those types of movies, seeing that you've seen Necromantix. But in Cannibal Holocaust they killed animals :( .

Well you are obviously used to those types of movies, seeing that you've seen Necromantix. But in Cannibal Holocaust they killed animals :( .

While I love animals - much more than the ordinary human, I enjoyed the film for what it is. If you can't stand that, please don't watch Midori.

Saw Chatroom yesterday. Good idea and how they showed the whole internet thing, some bad acting here and there but still it's not wasted time.

I have many movies to see! There's one called ReGOREgitated Sacrifice that looks very shocking! if you wanna see some real deaths, Try the whole Traces of Death series. Mostly metal music on it and some very gruesome images.

Also, I'll show to my wife 'eternal sunshine of a spotless mind'. Nice and moving film.

Just saw the new Conan movie and it slays

I love the Conan movies and really wanted to see it. But I heard it was grotesquely bad. A friend of mine who likes gratuitous violence, like me, said it was shot in 3D unnecessarily. So it's not only bad, but it looks bad, too. It also has a rare sub 50% user score on rotten tomatoes. Let me put it this way: not even Smurfs has a sub-50% user score. I AM SCARED, HOLD ME, THEY RUINED MY CONAN!!!

It's not a movie, but I just finished watching Game of Thrones (I saw it on HBO but missed the last two episodes). If you want your sword and blood fix, I dunno about Conan, but Game of Thrones is p gud, imo.

The new Conan movies follow the source material even more closely than the Schwarzenegger version which was out of character key in some aspects. The movie has action packed violence, very good cinematography, and Jason Momoa plays a good Conan. The set pieces are great, and the movie has lots of naked women! The critics are totally wrong on this movie. This movie is an action movie filled with blood shedding violence so of course the critics don't like it. It's gory and brutal at times..This Conan is much more entertaining than the original, and you don't have to watch it in 3d as I did not. After all it's a Conan movie and what do you expect ..GOne with the Wind. This movie was awesome.

Also, I'll show to my wife 'eternal sunshine of a spotless mind'. Nice and moving film.

This is such a great movie; I love it and it's one of the few I've actually bought. Did you know that he agreed with Universal to do the Bruce Almighty if he could get money to produce in ESotSM? And the latter is Jim's best acting IMO.

I love the Conan movies and really wanted to see it. But I heard it was grotesquely bad. A friend of mine who likes gratuitous violence, like me, said it was shot in 3D unnecessarily. So it's not only bad, but it looks bad, too. It also has a rare sub 50% user score on rotten tomatoes. Let me put it this way: not even Smurfs has a sub-50% user score. I AM SCARED, HOLD ME, THEY RUINED MY CONAN!!!

It's not a movie, but I just finished watching Game of Thrones (I saw it on HBO but missed the last two episodes). If you want your sword and blood fix, I dunno about Conan, but Game of Thrones is p gud, imo.

Not sure if I want to see Conan, it doesn't seem that bad, but I'm sure they'll ruin the character for me.

Oh yeah, Game of Thrones is brilliant!!! I absolutely loved it, and cannot wait for the next season! Oh, such a long time till Summer 2012 :( . I guess I'll read the books before the next season is out hee hee.

Oh yeah, Game of Thrones is brilliant!!! I absolutely loved it, and cannot wait for the next season! Oh, such a long time till Summer 2012 :( . I guess I'll read the books before the next season is out hee hee.

This is what I hope to do as well. I know I won't get through all 5 books because I'm a pretty slow reader but I hope to at least get through the second book. Right now I am 305 pages/835 pages into the first book.

The new Conan movies follow the source material even more closely than the Schwarzenegger version which was out of character key in some aspects. The movie has action packed violence, very good cinematography, and Jason Momoa plays a good Conan. The set pieces are great, and the movie has lots of naked women! The critics are totally wrong on this movie. This movie is an action movie filled with blood shedding violence so of course the critics don't like it. It's gory and brutal at times..This Conan is much more entertaining than the original, and you don't have to watch it in 3d as I did not. After all it's a Conan movie and what do you expect ..GOne with the Wind. This movie was awesome.

thank you
thank you
thank you

on one of the other forums, everyone seemed to be wearing somesortof nastalgia-beer-goggles, claiming the Arnold version was "the greatest movie ever" and that this new one was "raping childhood memories", i saw the original, and it in no way compares to the awesomeness of the new one, and although almost every movie gets "aged" over time, i can honestly say, i had already thought the arnold movie was totally crap all the way back when it was brand-new, this new Conan was totally awesome :headbang:

Ruin the character? If you have read the Conan books by Robert E Howard you would know the Arnold Schwarzenegger version is the ruined version of Conan.

every time anyhting in print gets made into a movie there's always some hardcore fanboys bitching about how the movie "isn't being faithfull to the source material"
there are some movies that i personnally consider to be "better than the source material"
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Blade trillogy
and especially Watchmen

in the Daredevil movie there was no spandex, bullseye wore street clothes, the main villian was Kingpin instead of Stilt-Man, Purple Man, the Owl, or any of those other villians from the Daredevil comic that would have looked stupid on the big screen, the Kingpin was played by a profesional actor instead of a profesional wrestler as one would have expected, and the whole second half was crammed full of moments where it looked like a sequel was inevitable, aside from the CGI sequence that was unmistakeably a frame-for-frame copy of a scene from the Matrix, Daredevil was an awesome movie

Nick Cage's face was clearly too old-looking for Johnny Blaze, and the movie would have clearly worked alot better with that guy that played "young Johnny Blaze" just going ahead and playing Johnny Blaze thoughout the entire movie, but other than that the movie was flawless, the origin story part was so completely different than the comic that everyone bitched about it, but for me, the movies version really was better than the comic, cuz it made more sense

the trillogy of Blade Movies looks not merely better than the Blade comics, but also clearly better than any other movie trillogy that Marvel has done so far, but i'm still kinda hoping this new spiderman trillogy will be spectacularly awesome, or at the very least be a little better than the first one

i loved the Watchmen movie so much because of all the differences, not despite them, to me every moment where the movie differs from the graphic novel looks like Alan Moore made a ton of mistakes and Zack Snyder fixed them, especially Doctor Manhattan's dialogue, editing out the unneccassarry caracters and changing the giant squid into several bombs

God these Japs are so damn crazy; makes me sick and looks awful to be honest. :puke:

Muahaha! Thing is, you just gotta look at it like a comedy. With blood. Lots and lots of blood... :lol:
I'm no splatter-fan in general, but some of these Japanese films are simply too insane to be ignored! Machine Girl was actually the first one I heard of that I wanted to get, but for various reasons I kept putting it off. Instead i got Tokyo Gore Police which is so over the top batshit crazy that I fell immediately in love with it, and yes even though it is extremely low budget, some of the effects, especially the physical ones, are really well executed and innovative.
Next I got Samurai Princess which sadly did not live up to my expectations at all, stay away from that one, it's boring...

Anyway, here's the trailer for TGP, which I recommend to anyone and everyone cause it's just so damn fun! The future police of Tokyo drives an 80ies SAAB 900 with a building on top. Beware...

Last edited by a moderator: