Movies/series thread

^It's not a WoW movie, it's a Warcraft movie - based on the story surrounding Warcraft 1. It has some pretty amazing people working on it so you shouldn't brush it off like that :p

They released a teaser trailer just now

Last edited by a moderator:
Get out of my brain!!

Since the Warcraft movie apparently follows the original story I might actually watch it since I really liked WC up until Warcraft 3. Just leave the night elves out of it and I'm in :)

Wait isn't this the part where we argue about Quake vs UT?

I played through all of Quake 1 two weekends ago actually, still an awesome game. It made me want to fire up Quake Live so I can get completely owned with my fading FPS skills. Modern gaming has made me weak at old school shooters (except Doom, because I am Doom), I got quite a few ass kickings in god damn single player. :erk:

Sometimes I wonder if my half-sarcastic, barely serious rants actually piss people off. Aside from the political bullshit which I'm trying to stop doing...

Get out of my brain!!

Since the Warcraft movie apparently follows the original story I might actually watch it since I really liked WC up until Warcraft 3. Just leave the night elves out of it and I'm in :)

Wait isn't this the part where we argue about Quake vs UT?

I played through all of Quake 1 two weekends ago actually, still an awesome game. It made me want to fire up Quake Live so I can get completely owned with my fading FPS skills. Modern gaming has made me weak at old school shooters (except Doom, because I am Doom), I got quite a few ass kickings in god damn single player. :erk:

:D
Awesome. I played some Quakeworld (nQuake) few weeks ago, fuuuck me its hard, cant handle the physics at all.

I just want Starcraft CGI movie. The cutscenes in SC 2 was fucking amazing and its all I want.

I also want to see more of that Kerrigan's carapax booty covered in ooze.

i want a starcraft movie as well, but with the original voice actors... the ones in sc2 are pretty crappy compared to their sc1 counterparts (except raynor and mengsk obviously, since they are the only original ones left)

I surely liked new Kerrigan more, the old one absolutely sucked.

Zeratul, Tychus, Abathur, Zagara sound amazing. Colonel Cambell voicing the Overmind also made (lol maked) my dick hard.

kerrigan in wings of liberty sounds ridiculous, it's like playing diablo 3: "hahaha my evil plan has been foiled but i have another hahaha" :erk: i must say the actress has done a much better job in heart of the swarm though

old zeratul is much better, but that dude died so i guess there is not much to do there. oh, and old overmind is one of the best voices in the starcraft universe :3 abathur is definitely one of the best ones in sc2

I don't know anything about Starcraft besides the obvious references, but I'm sure that if (well, when!) Warcraft turns out to make millions, it will open up for a lot of possibilities and I think Blizzard will definitely consider more movie adaptations. Duncan Jones has already said that he'd love to make 2 more Warcraft movies if he can be allowed to. And also, with the Assassins Creed movie coming out, I think we'll see a new genre of movies very soon! Kind of a new comic book movie fad. Besides, all these damn superhero movies are getting a little too much. Especially the Marvel ones - while good, they all pretty much follow the same methodology and it's getting tiring. I'd really love to get 10+ years worth of video game movies and entire series of movies about certain games!

You mean butchering the games with movie adaptations? :)

Has anyone seen last Hitman movie?

And now they want to make MGS movie. Game that has basicly 5 hours + of cutscenes turned into a movie means failure. Series could work.

You mean butchering the games with movie adaptations? :)

Has anyone seen last Hitman movie?

And now they want to make MGS movie. Game that has basicly 5 hours + of cutscenes turned into a movie means failure. Series could work.

As far as I'm aware, the comic books have not been butchered because of the movies related to those comics.

Wait, what am I doing? I really should not try to reason with you :erk:

Gonna see Spectre tonight! :)

I'm watching Skyfall right now as warm-up for Spectre tomorrow! I heard that it's great so expectations are high :)

Comics are retarded enough, movies are only taking the retardation and boredom further.
If I had a nuke for every shitty marvel movie I would already have enough to get rid of africa.