Movies/series thread

Finished watching Mr. Robot. Looking forward to season 2, it was pretty cool but not amazing or anything. 8/10

Watching 3:10 to Yuma. Best western to come out in the last 10 years :)

What the hell is Mr.Robot?? I guess I could just IMDB it but I'll ask anyway.

3:10 to Yuma was pretty good, I didn't like it as much as I wanted to though. Django Unchained, is probably my favourite Western in a long time which is funny considering I don't like most of Tarantino's movies.

If Deadwood were a movie it would be my favourite.

God damn it why did Deron have to go with US grammar in this spellcheck?! No one else spells like you damn US people!!

^Hah, I'm right there with you in regards to Tarantino movies. They're alright but I only like a few of them. It's been a while since I watched Django but I just thought that it was way too long. I'm going to watch it again now, actually. But Yuma is much better in my opinion, that much I know.

Mr Robot is about a hacker with mental issues. I'm not really sure how much else I can say without spoiling it though.

Oh and edit: if you're using Chrome, install the Dictionary extension - it lets you right click in text boxes like this and then you can select which language to spell-check for:
cQvwmPh.png

Okay so I rewatched Django Unchained and Caleb, I gotta say... It's an ok movie, but no more than that. It's approximately 1 hour too long. Now I think that Yuma is at least twice as good as Django :p

To be fair I have not seen 3:10 to Yuma since it came out, so I barely remember it. I just recall thinking it was enjoyable but not mind blowing.

I don't even know why I love Django so much. It's probably a combination of Christoph Waltz and the fact that I love a good revenge/redemption story. It struck a chord with me, and although I hear people complain about the length there are only a few scenes I would remove. The random flashbacks, Jamie Foxx upside down etc.

Regardless, if I want a truly great Western I look no further than Unforgiven or The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (or any of the Man with no name trilogy). Django only scores high with me in the recent Western category.

Last edited:
You should definitely watch it again then! It's damn good. Totally agree with the flashbacks, they seemed completely out of place. And the fake cock scene could indeed also be cut out. I also didn't much like the Australian scene (Tarantino really can't act - he needs to stay behind the camera) and the stuff afterwards - they ought to have cut the ending down to 10 minutes or less. Instead, we get a weird, out-of-pace finish that is dragged on for way too long, kind of like Return of the King.

Never heard of Unforgiven till now, I'll watch that soon :)