Movies/series thread

Just finished third season of Orphan Black and im getting strong Metal Gear Solid vibes.
Also, the show has insane amount of attractive men and women and my dick is confused.

Now pondering if i should start season 4 or save it and finally watch Stranger Things

Im after 1st episode of Stranger Things and tbh im not hooked up yet, but the show is taking place in 80s so im gonna give it a chance since im a sucker for 80s/90s atmosphere.

btw kinda sick of silent supernatural kids, get creative, jesus

Last edited:
Reactions: Internally Deformed
Finished Stranger Things.

First of all, almost due to the shittiest description of a show i missed the experiance. I mean as someone who watched countless horrors and stuff when i see words "mother, sheriff, kids" etc i immediately avoid it.

Turns out you can create a movie / show with kids not being fucking retards and ACTUALLY being likeable. Turns out you can have mother characters that doesnt ruin everything for everyone.

The plot wasnt strong point of this show, atmosphere was, it was absolutely amazing on this field. I wish more creators would tackle 80s and 90s in their creations.

And somewhat offtopic - after seeing Stranger Things i think some Silent Hill show / new movie could work out actually if someone decent did that. The otherworld in ST was very near to the otherworld of SH.

yes i agree, the plot/concept is not new at all. and all the clichés were probably intentional considering how huge 80's fans the show makers are. it's been a long time since i've seen such good child actors, it barely felt like they were acting tbh

Well, can't complain about something that was done (at least i think) for purpose, like those cliches or shit poor CGI.

I just hope the next season wont take place few years after the events of season I. Dont want to deal with 15-16 yo teenagers drama lol. Also, internet ruined me, i always thought about 11-12 yos that they are already spoiled, annoying cunts. Turns out they're still kids for a while before they turn to shit.

Finally pushed myself to watch Ex Machina.

First half of the movie was really hard / awkward to watch. I've got several problems with this movie, but need to put huge spoiler warning for folks who havemt seen it yet so :

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
1. Am i the only one that have seen through the deception of the Ava? I know that the guy was a virgin, but come the fuck on.
2. Turns out even female AI is cancer
3. Eventualy im not really sure if she passed the "test" for me. She didnt show human emotions, she faked some of them and that's it. She killed her creator and then completely ignored the guy who helped her escape. And it wasnt even revenge neither i dont think she felt sorry for what she did. Just reach your objective - see the intersection and humans.
4. Dunno whats her obsession with putting the skin / hair / clothes on were for. She clearly shouldnt give a fuck how she looks as long as she appears human.

END OF SPOILERS

Started Stranger Things last night and watched 3 episodes in a row. I had to work early so I forced myself to stop after finishing ep 3.

Now I'm sitting here at work itching to get home and find out what the hell is going on.

For once, I'm almost in sync with the rest of the media consuming public with a show—currently halfway through Stranger Things. As almost everyone else here has said: It's a lot of fun and the acting is on-point across the board.

(Nope, still haven't seen a single episode of Game of Thrones or [insert other hit show here].)

Youre not missing out when i think about it. At first GoT looked really amazing, it was something new, but then when they stopped following the books it just turned into a predictable mess and they killed most of fapable characters (Rose [*]).

Reactions: winters epilogue