Movies/series thread

Saving this show for worse times. I obviously assume it's good, hope im not wrong.

But now Id much rather watch new season of Black Mirror, it cant come soon enough.

Yea, I've seen first season, was good, but I dont trust shows to keep the quality anymore. Also im worried that kids might have entered annoying teenage stage.

They are airing some Bear Grylls on animal planet again and I laughed my ass off.

Dude filmed how he survived in:
deserts
dangerous and cold mountaints
tropical forests
wastelands
islands

And a fucking polish city. It says everything :rofl:

Started watching The Glitch, some australian series on Netflix based on The Returned.

Can't tell anything more that that:
It feels fucking terrible to learn english for so long and not being able to understand half the shit those australian cunts say. If I miss subtitle due to sneezing, on focusing on a scene - tough luck.

• The OA: As a few people mentioned, it's an odd one. I can't say I'd recommend it per se, but if the first episode or two grab you, go ahead and finish it—pretty much the whole joy of the series comes from wondering where the hell they're going with it. Perhaps season two will convert me to a fan rather than a curious onlooker.
  • Baskets: I like Zach Galifianakis and this series kept me captivated through the two available seasons. Casting Louis Anderson as the mom was brilliant.
  • Raw: A horror movie that takes place in a vet school? Fucking great choice, and the movie's well done.

Still need to watch the new season of Stranger Things. One of these days.

Raw was weird. Too many things seemed really unbelievable when the movie tried to be set in a serious, realistic setting. What I find funny is that this movie should be disgusting because of the whole "meat eating" thing, but the most disgusting part was the chick shaving her vagina.

Second season of The OA should be coming soon and I have to agree, it's definitely not for everyone. I kinda like movies / shows when you don't know what the hell is going on and the pace is slow and scenography is limited. I wonder how next season will move things forward.

Raw was weird. Too many things seemed really unbelievable when the movie tried to be set in a serious, realistic setting. What I find funny is that this movie should be disgusting because of the whole "meat eating" thing, but the most disgusting part was the chick shaving her vagina.

I don't remember thinking too much to be unbelievable, but maybe I was too entranced to catch those things. I'll have to rewatch.

Without trying to spoil anything, the lead actress, Garance Marillier, is a trooper. "Justine" was an involved (and unpleasant, one can imagine) role and she owned it.

Watching "Outlander" with my girlfriend at the moment, expected it to be a total chick flick, but it's actually quite enjoyable. It's about a woman from the 1940's who is magically transported back to 18th century Scotland. Strong lead character, lots of sex and on occasion pretty brutal stuff going on which surprised me.

Reactions: MadTinus
Haha, didn't mean brutal sex, although that happens as well. She's a ww2 nurse, so she gets into a lot of icky situations helping wounded people etc. One scene shows a dude getting flogged so much that the flesh on his back starts coming off, almost Game of Thrones level brutality.

Watching "Outlander" with my girlfriend at the moment, expected it to be a total chick flick, but it's actually quite enjoyable. It's about a woman from the 1940's who is magically transported back to 18th century Scotland. Strong lead character, lots of sex and on occasion pretty brutal stuff going on which surprised me.
Great series! And the lead actress is a beauty! :)

Reactions: DarkGift
Watched one episode, I dont like the costumes :( It's not that they are bad, I somehow hate outfits from this era.