Movies/series thread

I love that show but it is hard to describe why. Like if I try to explain the show to people it sounds retarded and it is definitely not for everyone, but even when a season isn't that great (the last two were very hit and miss, especially season 9) I enjoy the hell out of it. Season 1-5 will always be frequent viewing for me.

I completely agree that seasons 1-5 were the absolute best ones. The humor was more subtle and it was the constant little things that made it funny. Season 6 was okay too, and 8 and 9 as well. Season 7 for me was by far the worst though, there weren't all the hilarious little things anymore, instead they had these long far-out ideas and no jokes or anything for minutes at a time. But yeah I imagine I'll go back and watch the first seasons soon enough :)

have been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, it's also retarded but not as good/retarded as Trailer Park Boys

Season 7 for me was by far the worst though, there weren't all the hilarious little things anymore, instead they had these long far-out ideas and no jokes or anything for minutes at a time.

That's why I don't really think 8 and 9 are that good. They are so over the top and rather than having those subtle little things they just sort of throw cocks in your face and scream "HEY!! THIS IS FUNNY!". They do a lot of completely crazy shit that doesn't really make sense. It became surreal instead of being a quirky little show with some observational humour. But again, I'll still watch every episode no matter how far it strays.

have been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, it's also retarded but not as good/retarded as Trailer Park Boys

I have laughed harder at that show than most shows I can think of. Just as long as I don't watch too much at a time and get burned out on the insanity.

It's pseudophilosophical. Definitely overrated, but good enough to just watch it and forget about it with no feeling that you wasted your time.

That's why I don't really think 8 and 9 are that good. They are so over the top and rather than having those subtle little things they just sort of throw cocks in your face and scream "HEY!! THIS IS FUNNY!". They do a lot of completely crazy shit that doesn't really make sense. It became surreal instead of being a quirky little show with some observational humour. But again, I'll still watch every episode no matter how far it strays.

I have laughed harder at that show than most shows I can think of. Just as long as I don't watch too much at a time and get burned out on the insanity.

No yeah I totally agree with you! I am saying that 8-9 are better than 7, but 1-5 are WAY better than 7-9 :)
And yeah I fell in love with the subtleties and all that as well. It's too in-your-face in the later seasons.

I watched Interstellar and i think its overrated :)

Soundtrack was amazing though. Especially the one with the docking

what i mean is that i can't see how it's overrated since it reflects a lot of new science stuff we only learn on the past few years.

The best show that I've seen in a long time is True Detective. The writing and acting are brilliant. I also watched The Fall, which was also brilliant, and Broadchurch...you guessed it...brilliant :)

Interstellar is pretty good if you know enough science

LOL, I was discussing this with my friends yesterday. If you know enough science, you can't help but be incredibly frustrated by the movie that claims to be scientifically super accurate.

- How does the dude escape from the Black Hole/Event Horizon?
- How do they escape the gravity of the water planet with 130% Earth's gravity when they needed bigass rockets to escape Earth's?
- How is there light on all those plants? It should be pitch dark, it's close to a fucking black hole.
- How is the guy communicating with TARS (CASE?) inside the black hole?
- Why is there no time dilation on Matt Daemon's planet when it's within "low fuel" reach of the planet which has 60000x time dilation?
- Gravity can cross dimensions. Wat?

I could go on... but you get the point.

Ayush, it's a blockbuster science FICTION Hollywood movie, it never claimed to be scientific accurate. The response it got was not because of the details, but more because some of the "modern" or at least new interpretations of existing theories, that were used in the movie, such as the relation between time, space and gravity. Like time being a 4th coordinate in our 3 dimensional space, which allowed Cooper to move physically back in time inside that "cube" by the end of the movie. Which according to guys like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Dr. Michio Kaku is a "scientifically sound" THEORY. So i still fail to see how it's overrated since its the first movie i see that deals with that.