Movies/series thread

And I started watching Erased on Netflix, 3 episodes in and my subscription ended so I guess since I like the show so far and they added Violet Evergarden to polish netflix i will renew for another month.

Erased is actually my first japanese show that I'm watching and so far the visuals are good and the story is promising. If you are a fan of "time travel" mechanic, as in "I can prevent something bad from happening" it's something for you.

Maich character is a random japanese dude, and sometimes something he calls "revival" or "REVAIVARU" triggers and rewinds time (usually just a little bit). This means that something bad is about to happen and he's got one shot at finding the clues and prevent that.

I started watching this pretty cool seies a few days ago, its fairly new, Im on season 1 episode 4 and its pretty damn good.
Its called Game Of Thrones, you guice should check it out! :)
I ain't watching it until the final episode airs.

Reactions: nizzon
Damn Erased, not making me hate kids and shit.

This show is going from extremely wholesome to bitter-sweet all the time. Halfway through and it's really good. My emotions ;_;

I dont know if im enjoying Thor Ragnarok because HELA IS FUCKING HOT TIE ME TO THE BED AND TORTURE ME MY QUEEN or the movie is okay.

Would be better without shitty acting from black valkyrie, but whatever. I just have to conceal my dick when she appears.

No, but seriously, Hela might be a hottest movie character since Pfeiffer's catwoman

Started watching Altered Carbon.

Into seemed pretty fucking edgy + I'm extremely annoyed at people sometimes randomly talking in their "native language", pretty poor way to, I don't know, let us know they are not american?

Especially when I can clearly hear that actors can't speak in those languages. I mean cmon, I played enough CSGO to know how to pronounce "blyat" and watched just enough weeb shit to know how to pronounce "bakayarou".

edit:
Sigh, and now annoying female cop with personal issues. Heard a lot of good things about this series but so far its annoying because of some of the cast members or way characters are written.

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode of Sense8, anyone seen it? Betting on Polish dude to have some rave review on it!

Anyway, it half enjoyed it, but the gf was bored to tears. Pretty slow build up, and didn't really fancy any of the characters yet (the lesbian couple was cringe as hell), but I can see it turning out at least ok.

It's been a long time since I used this phrase...:

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SENSE8

I could only swallow 2 episodes. You know why lmao. Cringy, boring and obvious reason.

2 seasons too many.

From the other hand Altered Carbon has like the worst written female characters ever.

First we have this annoying latino bitch, which i mentioned earlier.

Then we have some random black girl, a daughter of yoda and random personal trainer, just spamming cliche phrases, riddles, bitch, just tell him what you want him to do jesus and change your facial expression because i will fucking smack you.

Finally some rich white woman, who is supposedly a fucking sex bomb, everyone wants to fuck her and even her daughter fucks in her body.
I mean, her face looks smashed, tired and her tits and skin are saggy. What the fuck.

I guess someone tried to hard making "strong, independent women with great influences" and failed miserably.

While I dont mind the black and white woman, annoying, but not enough screen time to ruin the show, but for the love of god this latino bitch ruins everything.

New-ish movies:
Annihilation: Wonderful sci-fi movie, loved the visuals and the concept. There are a few moments I think could've been reworked/cut, but I'm so glad I saw this in the theater.

A Ghost Story: About as low-action as one can get and, yes, it does feature a man walking around in a sheet for almost the entirety of the movie. I know a lot of people hated this movie, but I really enjoyed it. Life is mundane, death is just another part of it, and it was a breath of fresh air to see it explored in that way.

Hush: Takes the concept of trying to escape a serial killer but adds an interesting twist: the person is trapped in their house and is deaf. No time wasted, tightly executed.

Gerald's Game: Super fucking intense. Premise: A couple goes to their vacation house, try to get kinky, and husband ends up having a heart attack while wife is still handcuffed to the bed. Really well-acted, and beautifully paced.

The Ritual: Friends go on a hiking trip in Sweden, get lost in the woods, and then things get wacky. Nothing you haven't seen before, but competently put together and focused way more on being creepy rather than stupid jump scares.

The Greasy Strangler: John Waters directs Tim & Eric? I don't know, I just don't fucking know. Weird as hell, don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone, but at the same time...I wouldn't not recommend it. If those two names catch your interest, do see this.

It Comes at Night: Family out in the woods, trying to survive post-plague – kinda The Road-esque, though not as heartbreaking. Still intense, though.

Movies I've been meaning to see for over a year but just got around to:
Swiss Army Man, The Gate, Suspiria, The Descent, The Prestige, The Fog, Kill Bill (Pt. 2), Jacob's Ladder

Hush was really okay, although the stupidity of villains in such movies are always annoying.

Gerald's Game. Personally really liked it, was well acted (and holy shit main actress for this age looks fantastic). My friend who read the book though said she hated it with all her heart.

I need to watch It Comes The Night then. I didnt like The Road (and its fucking strange because it's my fav genre and settings), but this might work.

Hush was really okay...

“Okay” is exactly right. That sums up my feelings on The Ritual as well. You’re not missing anything by skipping it, but by no means do I regret watching it.

Gerald's Game. Personally really liked it, was well acted (and holy shit main actress for this age looks fantastic). My friend who read the book though said she hated it with all her heart.

I was wondering about that; I didn’t know it was based on a book until the movie started. I’m surprised it inspired hatred from your friend, though. Even if it bastardized the book, it’s a really well-done movie, and I think one could like the individual art forms separately.

And Wolverine! And the Goblin King! And Gollum! And a bunch of others...

Such a random cast, but it's a great movie.

Last edited:
You haven't seen The Prestige? It's one of my favourite mystery movies ever

I had not until about a week ago. (I know I've said it here before but, yeah, despite not doing so on purpose, I'm really good at avoiding things.) Poorly worded original post, sorry, but I did watch everything on that list recently – I only provided thoughts on the ones that are new-ish because I know most people on here are better about watching movies than I am.

Also, I totally agree, The Prestige was great; it might even be my favorite Nolan film. (Note: I still haven't seen Following, Interstellar, nor Dunkirk.)

Staring Bale and Caine? What is this, Batman?

When Nolan likes ya as an actor, you're pretty much guaranteed work for a few films.

Last edited:
Finished Altered Carbon, show got better later (probably also because latino chick stopped screaming 24/7).

Worth the watch for 2 fantastic characters, Edgar Allan Poe AI and a single dude who portrayed multiple characters seamlessly. Both actors killed it.

Sadly, almost every female role was obnoxious and annoying. I really feel like it was all "well, some women suffer in this universe, so we better make it up by creating STRONK WEMEN". And im fine with STRONK WEMEN, just do it correctly.