Music and sleeping

PyroVesten said:
I live in a small apartment and my computer is constantly playing albums through iTunes. I use shuffle by album so I hit the sack with whatever it playing. I only sleep 4-5 hours max per night though.

Laltely some of my favourite bands to listen to in bed/trying to sleep are Agalloch, Alarum, Ayreon, Devin Townsend, Miles Davis and Opeth..but it's all a matter of luck really (because 90% of the time I just have album shuffle on) and I'm usually in the mood for anything anyway.
4-5 hours definitely is not enough sleep. Are you an insomniac, or do you choose to only sleep 4-5 hours?

Up until very recently I would only get 2-4 hours of sleep per night. That fucking wrecked me and made school way harder than it should've been. You should try getting some more sleep PyroVesten. Trust me, it will improve your life.

Cythraul said:
Up until very recently I would only get 2-4 hours of sleep per night. That fucking wrecked me and made school way harder than it should've been. You should try getting some more sleep PyroVesten. Trust me, it will improve your life.

I'm on 5 or 6 at the moment. That's bad enough.

At the Gates - TRITSIO
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

they are the albums i have been falling to sleep to recently ... atg has always been a night time favourite.

i dont like falling asleep to bathory - bfd though, ive recently found out.

I don't use music to fall asleep unless it's midday. And I'm so starved that I'll pass out to anything. Hell, I slept through Pierced From Within the other day. And the knob was cranked, you know?

Burzum is essentially designed to put the listener into a deep slumber (particularly Hvis..., as was said earlier). As you drift off into the first stages of sleep, when the mind begins to whipe clean and void itself of "petty" matters, the music fills it with the joys and sorrows of the artist; the mind is at a particularly vulnerable state for imprinting and contemplation.

Astral Poetry said:
Burzum is essentially designed to put the listener into a deep slumber (particularly Hvis..., as was said earlier). As you drift off into the first stages of sleep, when the mind begins to whipe clean and void itself of "petty" matters, the music fills it with the joys and sorrows of the artist; the mind is at a particularly vulnerable state for imprinting and contemplation.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

I don't ever try listening to music at night when I'm going to sleep. Maybe I should try it out, I've been having some trouble getting to sleep recently.

Get more sleep if you're only getting 4-5 hours, it's really not enough. Last year when I was in public school I got that kind of sleep and life was like torture......bleh.

These people need to get a fucking dictionary out and BURN wipe, wiped, whip and whipped into their memory. I'm really getting sick and tired of seeing those misspelled over and over. Grow a fucking brain stem or something.

^I get tired of it too, but relax..we already know he's an idiot.

Senior year has been tough with me for sleep, not that I would be able to sleep even without work. 3 to 5 hours average per night.

The best song to fall asleap to is the most calming song ever: Pan-Thy-Monium - Behrial. Noone should argue. NOONE!!!!

Yea ive had a lot of problems with sleeping. I tend not to go to sleep when i should but rather when i feel like it. There are two things that can happen because of this:
-my rhytm changes the way that i go to sleep at nine am and then i have to keep awake for 24 hours to make it up or something...or 36, i dunno.
-I have to get up early, which is total torture.