Music video for "the Day and then the shade"

I think they did that.

I say ask the fans! We're the ones buying the music!

Well they must take it more seriously then. If this was a deliberate decision and they totally support this video then I'm very sorry they don't have the same standards for video's as for music. At least not on the very fundamental aspects of what a Katatonia video should do to the viewer

Wow that was difficult to watch.

It has absolutely nothing to do with anything Katatonia.

Way to fuck up a music video Lasse... I would scratch it, contact Cradle of Filth or Paradise Lost or something and see if you can make it one of theirs.

Still guys, even though this music video sucks balls, I don't think the katz had much to do with it.

shes got black hair and she has got a black dress shes pretending that her life is a mess lol

Too much fukking
emu.jpg
it's false, I know ...

Totally agree with everyones comments. That shouldn't be a Katatonia video - especially when it's meant to promote such a brilliant album.

But anyhey I'm more interested in that news "the first single from Night is the New Day". So when is the single gonna be out? And more importantly, any new songs included on the single?

um... what was THAT?

I mean, it was well done. Good lighting etc.. stop the video at almost every time and you get a good picture to frame.

But what the fuck does it have to do with ANYTHING? I don't get it.

They should have stayed with something like My Twin.. because that actually fitted the theme of the song. Might not be what we individually relate into the song but it certainly made sense..

well... I've watched it till the very end... thought that all of a sudden the meaning of the video will strike me at the very end... and... there's nothing in it... a complete FAIL imo. I have nothing to add actually... been waiting for so long... such a great album, one of the strongest songs and such a shitty video for the support... damn, I refuse to believe it's not some fan stuff. ><

Sorry Katatonia& Lasse but I have to agree with the majority here, I find this video a bit irritating to say the least...
Maggot eating gothic chicks being silly in a forest- that's nowhere near my vision of the song or Katatonia's music in general..
I love the song itself though. It's among my top 4 of the new album at the moment. Listenend to it every morning on the UK tour and it was the most perfect way to start each day. Was dancing to it on British parking lots with my headphones on haha :danceboy: I'd rather keep those images in mind than this video.
The one cool thing is that me and a friend recently spend a nice autumn afternoon in a forest and took some pictures that look kind of similar in a way. Girls, leaves and trees. But no worms, no horror, no fake blood and we don't look gothic at all :p

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=129706175&albumId=2283774

By the way, July would be my favourite Katavideo so far. But generally, I don't care much at all about music videos. What matters are the albums and there's NOTHING to complain about in Katatonia's case :)

A fan video could be better than that. As Noituudenaika said, let's do something better. If someone here knows about making videos and so he/she could try to do something better. I'm sure it's not so difficult taking Hoile's video as level reference.

I'm sorry, I don't like to bitch about artistic stuff because it revolves around taste so much that sometimes there's no point to argue but.... man this sucks..... too many "scenegirls" and it comes nowhere near a genuine Katatonia feeling. I mean ..I know that's very subjective...
Maybe if they would have been believable characters instead of these obvious goth chicks it wouldn't have been as bad....

It really kinda hurts to see this beautiful song being molested by this terrible video.

As Noituudenaika said, let's do something better. If someone here knows about making videos and so he/she could try to do something better.

That's actually quite a good idea, I'm sure there are some talented people here to do this.