Music video for "the Day and then the shade"

that slipknot vid was actually entertaining.

Even had the band in it and as far as slipknot lyrics make any sense, there was some relation to the vid.

What a pity. This numetal act has a better vid than the sublime katz. This isnt fair at all.

I've seen this clip one time, and i've to say that it's pure SHIT! Now i don't wanna see it anymore, beceause it could ruin me the feeling of this wonderful song...

that slipknot vid was actually entertaining.

Even had the band in it and as far as slipknot lyrics make any sense, there was some relation to the vid.

What a pity. This numetal act has a better vid than the sublime katz. This isnt fair at all.

agree

and i had thoughts about slipknot too:lol:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but its a lot like this Slipknot vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl8zo__6jM

:S

Eh, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it like this, but I think this is unjust for the slipknot video. That video is actually a perfect example of how you can make a very good looking presentation of the themes of a song. It adds a lot to the experience of the song. I can't say that about the Kata video

Eh, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it like this, but I think this is unjust for the slipknot video. That video is actually a perfect example of how you can make a very good looking presentation of the themes of a song. It adds a lot to the experience of the song. I can't say that about the Kata video

Yeah I agree, in that case it does fit the song, but the only reason I posted it was that it seemed similar to the Kata one, which unfortunately has nothing to do with the song.

This video makes me want to buy a huge can of insecticides o_O yuk.
Although I rather liked how the spiderweb/cocoon effect was achieved on that one girl...

I think the video does fit the song somehow even though it feels weird, but it definitely lacks Katatonia - it's sad that the band doesn't make any appearance in there. If I watched it without sound (for whatever reason) I wouldn't be able to make any connection to Katatonia at all... or if I randomly dubbed it with another (fitting) song, would anyone feel that the video had a certain katatonianess to it? Hm...

(and in case all of this has already been said before: I couldn't be bothered to read through everything again ;P)

I don't see where people are getting the tool connection from. It reminds me much more of A perfect Circles video for Weak And Powerless which has a chic crawling around in the forest picking up bugs and snakes and throwing them in a hole in the ground. But like the Slipknot clip above it fits the song. The more stuff she puts in the hole in the ground the bigger the hole in her stomach gets until it swallows her up. analogy for addiction.

I wish the kats were more involved in the creative process of there videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand every critizism, but Lasse Hoile is a great artist.
his steven wilsons clip "harmony corine" is one of the best music videos I have ever seen. (and also the video to "fear of a blank planet")
And I also agree "day and then the shade" is not as good as it should be.. the beginning is well done and the end also, but in the middle the video is too monoton at all (maybe it would be better to see the band not girls headbanging and cry like gay wolfs on drugs)

I don't see where people are getting the tool connection from. It reminds me much more of A perfect Circles video for Weak And Powerless which has a chic crawling around in the forest picking up bugs and snakes and throwing them in a hole in the ground. But like the Slipknot clip above it fits the song. The more stuff she puts in the hole in the ground the bigger the hole in her stomach gets until it swallows her up. analogy for addiction.

I wish the kats were more involved in the creative process of there videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GsLh6dazI
This video is awesome. It actually makes a lot of sense. It is emotive and strong IMO.
Can't say that to Kata's video. I wish I could.

i understand every critizism, but Lasse Hoile is a great artist.
his steven wilsons clip "harmony corine" is one of the best music videos I have ever seen. (and also the video to "fear of a blank planet")
And I also agree "day and then the shade" is not as good as it should be.. the beginning is well done and the end also, but in the middle the video is too monoton at all (maybe it would be better to see the band not girls headbanging and cry like gay wolfs on drugs)

didn't mention the "way out of here" vid lol i wonder why. no ones saying the mans not a fantastic artist, but most of his videos are...... random? i guess. its an aquired taste in art, im sure some people..... somewhere think the vid is beautiful or something, but imo his vids dont capture the emotion of songs; on the other hand, his photos capture the emotion of an album phenominally

hmm i think my twin was a masterpiece compared to this. atleast it offered an interpretation of the song, rather than just showing off visuals and hot chicks.

oh.. new video is bad but it's not tragedy ;) look, there is a very nice, atmospheric park(or forest??..) and the first chick(00:04) looks very interesting ;), other stuff is a little bit fucked up,
for me the video could present band playing in that park(forest hmm...)

This video makes me want to buy a huge can of insecticides o_O yuk.
Although I rather liked how the spiderweb/cocoon effect was achieved on that one girl...

I think the video does fit the song somehow even though it feels weird, but it definitely lacks Katatonia - it's sad that the band doesn't make any appearance in there. If I watched it without sound (for whatever reason) I wouldn't be able to make any connection to Katatonia at all... or if I randomly dubbed it with another (fitting) song, would anyone feel that the video had a certain katatonianess to it? Hm...

(and in case all of this has already been said before: I couldn't be bothered to read through everything again ;P)

Hey swany good to see you round still....

The music vid feels like its been sorta put to one side, maybe they will not go to mad on it and move on. Video for New Night please.

i really wanna make a videoclip for "Departer"/ really want someone to make a videoclip for "Departer".
you can really put a good story in it.
or, many different story's in one.