Name ONE thing that could improve your life

JayKeeley said:
Now, if you could have one thing happen to you, what would it be?
hmm. difficult. i'd say a decrease in taxation maybe. or at least better-appropriated taxes. less waste. whatever it takes for me to see less of my income taken and spent on shit i don't get to use. can i have one of those AR-15s? nope. but i bet i bought a couple (hundred) of them.
*dorian's federal income tax for 2004 = $25,000. nice*

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
Most notable example; I wanted new forks for my bike (mountain bike) and they were 800 bucks.
bwahaha! i've bee looking at a *RIDGID* Kona singlespeed.
*cringes at the thought of riding it in BC*

ouch. I traded in my full suspension for a hardtail and love it for non downhill racing. The forks I was looking at were Manitou Shermans. However, when I quit the grocery store, I got really broke and had things break on the bike and sold them for 650 and a pair of OLD shit beaten Z1's (I went backwards). But I still ride my bike well, i just have to be REALLY careful. :(

^hmm, i heard some bad things about the Shermans (not that I would ever need them) like reliability and seal problems. They seem waaaaayyy to heavy to me for anyting other than extreme freeriding. Not to hijack the thread or anything but i find myself wishing mountain biking wouldn't have evolved so much so quickly - $800 shocks took the fun out of it for me. good luck with the Z1s, man.

I didn't mind the shermans. They worked well for me, and yeah, the extreme freeriding is what I do :p

I've been using the Z1s for a while. Even done a few downhill races with them. (Downhill on a hardtail = SO FTL!!!!). It'd be a lot easier if we had more sprint sections like the world cup. Our course was more like a mud path through a rock garden... I love the trail, but racing on it was nuts. Longest downhill ever, the fastest time was 9 minutes 24 seconds... and that guy races at the world's....

Gotta love crossing the finish line and just following over and trying not to die.

ANd yeah, the sport did evolve too quickly. It's so expensive now :(

fuck. ellsworth = unobtainable. seriously, it makes me glad i got my bike stolen. now i can leave the sport completely and not look back. i'll take up backgammon or something.

ha! i already do all the outdoors stuff. seriously though, i'm gonna do something like poker or some other card game. i need an excuse to drink whiskey.

Nobody EVER needs an excuse to drink whiskey!!!

2195.jpg

I love playing Texas Hold'em poker, what a fun game.

yeah, I do that with my cousin and some of his friends most weekends. Play some hold em while pre-drinking then show up at the local cowboy bar cause it's well.. local.

It's awesome, my cousin and his friend stand out like sore thumbs from the people in that bar, and I stand like a sore thumb from both. :p I want a bullet belt to wear there sometime, just to really stand out, hahaha!

Though there is one hot waitress there who listens to heavy metal, she listed some decent bands, and then she said cannibal corpse and I started tuning her out.

nah, i almost died the last time. i need an excuse to drink it slowly..and over an extended period of time. other than that, i agree with you.

ps: only jack daniels for me. i've never even seen the stuff posted above.

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
I want a bullet belt to wear there sometime, just to really stand out, hahaha!
*pictures you as marty freidman circa 1990*

Jack Daniels = SHIT

That stuff is only meant to knock you on your ass because it tastes terrible so you drink it quickly. If you want good stuff, try Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Balvennie, Bushmills, Jameson, Chivas Regal, Dewars, ahhhh, plenty more but that's what I can think of.