Name ONE thing that could improve your life

this discussion brings up in me another question ...

was there ever, or is there now, a place in the world that is considered "perfect" to a certain degree? like gov't not being corrupt? people living content?
basically because NAD is trying to run away to Canada for to "escape" certain issues in the US he has no control over ... this came up in my mind.

I always think back when me and my family came to the US in 1984 in the depth of Communism in Romania ... basically "running away" and then some years later people actually living there rose up and did something about it, by overthrowing the gov't ... anyway, I have some respect for people sticking out bad times and trying to find solutions instead of running away. Now I am not suggesting a gov't overthrow, but maybe get more involved in daily life in our community to make your daily life better ... or at least saying we tried.

Hmmm ... just ranting

So what, you don't respect me anymore? :erk: :loco:

I understand what you are saying, and I know it's not going to be perfect in Canada. Honestly I'm not escaping the gov't so much as the people. It's the money money money and me me me culture I'm trying to escape, honestly more of a pain in SoCal than other places in the country (that I've been). I just see if I move up to NorCal the problem will spread, and if I'm going to uproot I'm going to go the full 9 instead of slowly crawling away. Does that make sense? Probably not, I'm paying attention to Hermano right now. :headbang:

lurch70 said:
The nature of man is to WANT more ... always. This is a basic need. To grow, to need, to compete, to be important.

The very thing you are doing by trying to explain yourself satisfies one of these needs.

Whne figthing these basic inner needs is when you become miserable.

This is why we have wars, families, work, buy stuff.

Just fuck it all and enjoy yourself ... :loco:

Have you withness what's in the mind of every single human is assert such things?

Working to satisfy our physical needs is not the same as working to be respectable, recognized, important, prestigious etc.

And yes, I absolutely agree with you when you say that fighting our basic needs is when we become miserable.

One Inch Man said:
So what, you don't respect me anymore? :erk: :loco:

I understand what you are saying, and I know it's not going to be perfect in Canada. Honestly I'm not escaping the gov't so much as the people. It's the money money money and me me me culture I'm trying to escape, honestly more of a pain in SoCal than other places in the country (that I've been). I just see if I move up to NorCal the problem will spread, and if I'm going to uproot I'm going to go the full 9 instead of slowly crawling away. Does that make sense? Probably not, I'm paying attention to Hermano right now. :headbang:

no, by all means ... do whatever makes you happy ... was just thinking in general about things.

have you been to Canada yet?

I dont know if there's anywhere in North America that you can fully get away from that culture... but I bet SoCal is one of the greatest concentrations of it! Toronto has to be up there also... it's kind of annoying.

This conversation could go on forever...
Mere verbal discussion won't make us change.

Find out who suffers, that is all.

It's been great :)

lurch70 said:
have you been to Canada yet?
No. :loco:

I plan on making a visit in the next few months. Obviously if I don't like it I won't move there though, haha.
Demilich said:
I dont know if there's anywhere in North America that you can fully get away from that culture... but I bet SoCal is one of the greatest concentrations of it! Toronto has to be up there also... it's kind of annoying.
Again, I'm not expecting things to be perfect. But I am looking for something better. It's way too selfish down here.

so you pulling a "Nile" on me? :lol:

I don't know, personally as much as America is fucked up, Canadians don't seem too friendly and seem very into themselves ... especially the French Canadians.

I swear to God, that eBay business I was running, almost without exception, all the Canadians I had to deal with were rude, mistrusting and cheap. Again ... present company excluded :loco:

If you go up there, hang out and soak it in for more time than merely a few weeks.

lurch70 said:
so you pulling a "Nile" on me? :lol:
You got me to LOL at that one. :lol:

We'll see what happens, I want to scope out other a few areas up that way as well, Vancouver and Seattle are on my main list. My singer is definitely moving up to Vancouver though, because his mom is and he's 35 and refuses to leave home, so there you go. :loco:

My singer is definitely moving up to Vancouver though, because his mom is and he's 35 and refuses to leave home,

that is the kind of person you need to stay away from, not follow to another country ... no offense :erk:

lurch70 said:
that is the kind of person you need to stay away from, not follow to another country ... no offense :erk:
If I didn't know the dude for the past 8 years I'd agree. Actually I'm a bit envious of his lifestyle, motherfucker wakes up at 7am once or twice a week, plays the market, makes his cash for the next month, goes back to bed until noon. Fucker. :Spin:

lurch70 said:
I swear to God, that eBay business I was running, almost without exception, all the Canadians I had to deal with were rude, mistrusting and cheap. Again ... present company excluded :loco:

I haven't met many french canadians, but they certainly come accross that way from the people they elect. As for the non french canadians you dealt with, I dunno, you probably got the short straw :erk: What kind of business was it?

In my case: Almost without exception, all the american's i've had to deal with have been rude, arrogant, boorish and ignorant. That's people I ran into in canada, in the tourist locations and at the store I worked at. Best was the american who started a fight with one of our grocery clerks cause he thought the guy was being a "lieing little fucker" when he tried to explain that grocery stores can't and don't sell beer up here. He had to go next door to the liquor store.

A friend and I were discussing last night what it is about a lot of Americans that give them The Anger like that. Rap culture? Aztec genes? Money? Lack of fresh Corn Nuts?

We didn't come up with a definitive answer obviously.

So while tearing my room apart looking for a few things I thought about the secondary discussion that popped up in this post. I personally disagree with it, but I don't care to point out my negative observations about that theory, instead I'll just simply state the way I feel (I'm new here and don't wanna risk starting any shit :p).

Life is about accepting what you CAN'T have, knowing what you DON'T have, and then prioritizing the things you really want. Not giving a shit about anything isn't the answer, being happy with what you DO have is. I know what I have, and I'm happy about it. If I didn't care, life would blow and there would be no point. Instead I ENJOY the act of choosing something that I REALLY REALLY want, and busting my balls to earn it.

Most notable example; I wanted new forks for my bike (mountain bike) and they were 800 bucks. At the time, I had about $40. So I made up a list of things I felt I was qualified to do and went door to door starting in my neighbourhood and working outward, explained my situation and did oddjobs. Everything form laundry and dishes, all the way up to computer repairs, drywalling, painting, housekeeping, babysitting and bike repair. Sometimes I'd work for a few hour, I asked people ONLY to pay me on a donation basis. Sometimes I'd work 3 hours for 15 bucks, other times I'd work for 1 hour and get 60. But after 3 weeks, I had enough money for my forks, bought them and felt a genuine sense of "I EARNED THESE MOTHER FUCKERS! :kickass:".

Now some people might go "That's materialism, blah blah blah". I go, thats gonna save my scrotum from severe contusions cause my previous forks were PEICES OF SHIT.

Thats what part of life is about, knowing what you want that is realistically achievable, and working to get it. The rest is enjoying what you DO have.