Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Harvester said:
This year has been the hardest year of the festival by far and the Nevermore issue only makes it worse.

Glenn H.

hey dude, i appreciate your dedication though! really, this will be my first year and thank you for stickin with it so hard man! you rule!!!! :headbang: and like somebody up there said, i was going before nevermore was announced, i was going when nevermore was announced, and am still going after nevermore cancelled! :headbang:

That is real bad news.. I'm VERY upset and disappointed.

Here's for all of the people who jinxed (jynxed?) Nevermore's appearance at ProgPower just because they're too heavy, or too this or too that... (And I know there's lots of you out there)...

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

This completely sucks for everyone involved with PP (except the philistines here who dislike Nevermore, but enough about that)...but I'm sure the replacement will also kick ass and it's cool to see Nevermore get a high profile gig, I'd love to see them blow Disturbed out of the fucking water.

AngraRULES said:

Here's for all of the people who jinxed (jynxed?) Nevermore's appearance at ProgPower just because they're too heavy, or too this or too that... (And I know there's lots of you out there)...

quote]

::raising hand::

Nevermore just thumbed their noses at you and the prestigious ProgPower event for the 2nd time and you're mad at those of us who dislike them?
There may be a question of chemical imbalance here.

Ascension said:
AngraRULES said:

quote]

Nevermore just thumbed their noses at you and the prestigious ProgPower event for the 2nd time and you're mad at those of us who dislike them?

1st off Glenn said it wa s ascheduling conflict due to the tour they were on, I highly doubt they're thumbing anything - so read what the man says before you post. Also, if you're a band you wouldnt quite your full-time job to play one show, for all we know they'll be in Alaska in Spetember.

No-Mercy said:
hey dude, i appreciate your dedication though! really, this will be my first year and thank you for stickin with it so hard man! you rule!!!! :headbang: and like somebody up there said, i was going before nevermore was announced, i was going when nevermore was announced, and am still going after nevermore cancelled! :headbang:

Great response...well put!

Rock on!

Ascension said:

Sorry dude... how about posting something that makes sense?

I am mad at those who jynxed it, like I said. If you're one of them, I'm mad at you.

Nevermore did what's the best for their career and their interest. I am sure you would do the same thing. They didn't tthumbed their noses at anyone.

Like l said...serious chemical imbalance. It's funny...if you met me...you definitely wouldn't say "fuck you" to my face.

They blew PP off. They made a committment and then backed out of it. l understand why they did it...sure. Still doesn't soften the blow any. In the business world, you do what they did...you could find yourself in a court of law.

Ascension said:
Like l said...serious chemical imbalance. It's funny...if you met me...you definitely wouldn't say "fuck you" to my face.

Is it because you're a really awesome, cool person to hang out and be friends with or is it because you're a big, scary, mean, metal-looking guy who tries to be a bully all the time?

If it's the first choice, I am looking forward to meet and hang out with you.
If it's the second choice, get a life.

And if you really really jynxed them, I'm sorry but fuck you. :tickled:

Ascension said:
They blew PP off. They made a committment and then backed out of it.
They made a commitment to the Disturbed tour first, according to them. That tour got postponed and rescheduled for Sept., but it was booked first. So, either way they had to back out of one commitment, or the other. A no win.

Everyone is free to come up to me at PP and say 'fuck you' to my face...I enjoy it.:D

Ascension said:

They blew PP off. They made a committment and then backed out of it. l understand why they did it...sure. Still doesn't soften the blow any. In the business world, you do what they did...you could find yourself in a court of law.

yeah...if you say fuck you to my face...ill threaten you with physical violence and make sure you never think about hurting my feelings EVER AGAIN!

TheWhisper said:
They made a commitment to the Disturbed tour first, according to them. That tour got postponed and rescheduled for Sept., but it was booked first. So, either way they had to back out of one commitment, or the other. A no win.

Well pointed.

TheWhisper said:
Everyone is free to come up to me at PP and say 'fuck you' to my face...I enjoy it.:D

See, I wish more people were like you... Some of them are all like "I wanna see you doing that on my face, and then you'll see the consequences...blah blah blah..."

Bully wanna-bes....:p

eppst1 said:
Someone mentioned this is the second time they've cancelled at Progpower. I don't remember the first one - when was that?

They cancelled quite late in the game, as I recall, at the very first PPUSA in Illinois..SymX was brought in to replace them.