Nevermore @ Slims 9/26/10

Bacchante

The Dreaming Mind
Mar 14, 2004
OK, so I'm finally able to recap...let me seee..

I was anxious as fuck driving through SF, and it got worse once I discovered that Folsom st was blocked off for some event. We had to walk through swarms of Mr. Slave types, gay cops, guys rolling around/making out in the street and people in assless leather chaps with nothing underneath. Apparently it was some gay/fetish block party? We giggled our way to the venue.

I was near the front during Warbringer's set and got pretty fucked up, haha. These assholes behind me kept groping my bare shoulders and forcing me to headbang (my whole neck cracked), so my elbows instinctively smashed their diaphragms, and they left. I claimed a spot up front during the circle pit, and I tried guarding this really tiny girl with an amazing camera. While NM was setting up, I chatted with her and talked to her about the band because she wasn't familiar with them. They had this curtain thing in front of the stage, and all I remember seeing is this dark shadow with a bass walking right up to me. He grabbed my clammy hand and started petting it asking in the creepiest voice "hey, how's it goin'...are you going to have a gooood time tonight??" :tickled:

We then heard Warrel command that the curtain be lifted, and they started the show with Narcosynthesis. Everyone was rocking out. After the song was over, I realized Warrel was pointing at me saying "omfgwtf, I love you" and I thought it was because I was wearing the garden of gray shirt that I tailored...so I pointed at said shirt...then I realized I was totally pointing at my tits.
"Leeesa? Is that yooou?"
*nods/waves hello*
"It's Bacchante, right?"
*nods excitedly*
He then announced that I'm from the forum on Ultimatemetal, and he tried looking for everyone else from here. I remember hearing a squeak from the back, was that you, Jamie??

I wasn't expecting any of this, so I was basically demon possessed the rest of that night, haha. The camera lady was pretty blown away at how nice he was for doing that, too. I can't say I've EVER rocked out like that before.

At one point Warrel "wanted to bring us back to the days of Van Halen and see everyone JUMP" during Inside Four Walls...Everyone, including me, obeyed the Dane.

They also played certain DNB and Sanctuary songs...I don't want to a be a spoiler, so you'll have to wait for my videos later (if I'm allowed to post them...) :cry:

There were stage divers, Warrel cracked a joke about his grandmother/railroad spike, Attila was smilin' away during the whole set (and he was FLAWLESS), Van did a mini drum solo, and then this happened:

The show was amazing. Period. There were some technical difficulties with Jim's bass throughout the show and Warrel's mic started going out toward the end of the set, so they skipped a few songs (one of which was The Seven Tongues of God, and I was SAD about that) and finished with Enemies of Reality. It actually got to the point that Jim walked off the stage because he couldn't hear himself, and we all playfully chanted "COME ON, JIM!!" I felt bad for him, but I still thought the show was incredibly fun. No complaints here ;)

I was then summoned to the tour bus!

I had time to talk to Ms. A inside for a bit...she had to show me where to go because I was so bewildered/stoked. When we were waiting outside, we visited with Jeff, Van and Jim (who liked what I did with the shirt..especially the area of my boobs/right shoulder hole, hahaha). I didn't really get to talk to Attila because he was busy loading up equipment. :cry:

The fun commenced once we got on the bus...and I was on another dimension, I swear. The conversation consisted of cheerios hats, Christine Rhoades, cute kitties, special egg recipes, shitty hometowns, "grave dirt" in Warrel's tour bus "coffin", "2 of Jim's crepes walking through the bus" etc.

I can't remember the last time I felt so special, haha. I honestly love you guys, thank you for giving us such a fun night :dopey:

My camera was tripping balls..bring out the 3D glasses..

100_1689.jpg

100_1693.jpg

100_1694.jpg

100_1695.jpg

100_1697.jpg

100_1699.jpg

100_1707.jpg

100_1708.jpg

100_1709.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
100_1713.jpg

100_1714.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1720.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1740.jpg

Epic Cheerios hat, hahaha
100_1741.jpg

Warrel introduced me to Christine Rhoades!
100_1745.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1748.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1752.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1761.jpg

Jim signed my shoulder hole, hehehe

After everything was said and done, I discovered I had a wicked zit on the very tip of my nose. I laughed my ass off in the car.

yeh bummed i missed the show, i had stuff to do but i probably couldve made it. come back around please.

of well, at least somebody had fun :(

:)loco:)

cool recap, I just showed up for their set (came in 2 songs in), saw them, and then left so i could get some sleep for work the next day (argh responsibilities damn you!!!11). that's cool you go to do so much cool stuff though, sounds like a blast in addition to the already awesome set!

were you and I the only 2 people on the board that were there? I saw a couple of my friends from other local bands but no one from the board (to be fair even if they were there me only showing up for nevermore and having to leave right after passing out some cds would make it tough to see them). next time nevermore headlines hopefully the turnout from the board and in general is a little better; i know it was a sunday but with a headlining tour finally i was surprised the place wasn't packed as fuck (though the turnout was definitely not bad).

He then announced that I'm from the forum on Ultimatemetal, and he tried looking for everyone else from here. I remember hearing a squeak from the back, was that you, Jamie??
No it wasnt. I was there too, Enemy, but i left pretty damn early. I was really drunk and Brandon was tired so we fled somewhere in the middle. (Cant remember much lol)

100_1748.jpg

I was there too. Met Brooks inside. Hung with Ms. A. You can barely see my eyeball behind Jeff. I was trying to hide totally. Ahahah. I'll try to post my photos this weekend. I've been swamped with other shoots.

I think it's funny that she tries to hide in the picture and then points herself out when it's posted :lol: