Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Originally posted by neal

yeh, iced earth is more easily accessable, but that also means they are more generic and (IMO) way more boring. it aslo depends on which nevermore cds you own. i get the impression that you do not own them all. albums like 'politics of ecstacy' and 'dreaming neon black' are way more interesting and varied than the newest one 'dead heart in a dead world'. im also not a fan of the newest 3 iced earth. i think jon is just kind of repeating himself and his same tired formula.
-neal

ps glad we're gettin along better here than on that stupid nile thread on the AE board hehe.

neal, the AE board wasn't directed at you...well, maybe Dream. But he's cool. He's a bud of mine. But yes, you guys all (well most) here @ Neverforum kick azz.

As for the band, yer right, I don't have all the albums. I only have 'Dreaming...' and 'Dead Heart...', but I just ordered the s/t. I like to start at the beginning, and I would have w/ them had I known...

And for the record, I still love IE. Even their latest, for me, ALL of them. Peace out. :cool:

Hmm, some of your points are valid, yes, but some are just assumptions - the whole poseur thing is utter bullshit. As far as Jon's style being 'non-experimental'...Iced Earth have a niche, and a reputation for those blazing fast triplets we're all so used to hearing. That reputation also includes said riffs not becoming boring/obnoxious/whatever. Who cares if they're not experimenting - they do one style, and they do it well! And goddamnit, they write catchy music.

Nevermore, on the other hand, is in a completely different league. Their music is much darker on the whole, they tend to wax political lyrically (whereas iced is usually whatever matt/jon feels like writing about), and more solo-technical, as opposed to iced earth's rhythm-technical.

Apples and Oranges. Who's better? Who cares. Love 'em both.

There is not a chance that I.E. could be better than Nevermore.

From every angle you try to see it , you will affirm my statement. I don't say that i hate I.E. cuz I fucking admired "Horror Show" and the previous ones. But Nevermore's music is deeper, more intelligent. I haven't heard more disastrous riffs except Jeff's. For example, just check the "Next In Line". Outrageous! The lyrics, everysoundof the elec.guitar, the drums. I have seen that every song of Nevermore (yes, I mean all) are written neither to show how jeff plays nor how well warrel sings. It is written for all the four of them. There isn't anything meaningless. All add points to each song.
Whereas I.E. has a one-way writting. Just to show Jon's right hand. It counts (to me) the way a song is composed. And Jon follows a rule. Jeff and Warrel are followed by their emotions (at least that's what i can seefrom their songs). And to speak more general, most of the bands don't have this just-to-show-that-my-right-hand-plays-as-fast-as-speed-of-light way of writting. It IS hard for me to play as fastas Jon can (I know how to play guitar for 6 years) ,but it becomes boring .

Of course, this is just my opinion and you should respect it as i did to yours.

Well that's all!!

Personally, this "battle" is non-sense cuz all the metal fans should stand in union! Otherwise...

Stay metal and respect everyone's taste.

Raise your fists...

totaly agree. (except for the whole respecting horror show) and if you want to do fast tripplets just practice. its not really that hard.
-neal

I don't know which band I like more. Nevermore and Iced Earth are two of my all-time favorite bands. While Matt Barlow's high-pitched screams send chills down my back, Warrel's dark, moody vocals are just as great. I've seen both bands live at some point, and I have to say that Iced Earth was better live.

Iced Earth were definately on top of their game the night I seen them. They had a great set, good interaction with the crowd and they sounded heavy as ever. On the other hand, Nevermore were good live, but their sound was a little off, and Jeff really fucked up the intro to "River Dragon...". However, I don't know if anyone can beat Nevermore's interaction with a crowd. You gotta love the way Warrel lets people come on stage with him.

As far as Jon Schaffer goes... the man is brutally honest, and people can't handle it. People always seem to be pissed off after reading a Jon Schaffer interview, especially the most recent one. The fact is, people must realize that what Jon said is true... everyone in the band is expendable, including Matt.

Jon is a great songwriter. I've heard a lot of people say his lyrics are cheesy and shit like that. What fucking lyrics are those people hearing? His lyrics are awesome, and fit the music really, really well.

I love both bands, and I cannot say which I like more. They're both very different, and both very awesome.

MARK GUGS>>>YEah, my wife nad parents and all my friends say the same thing. Thanks for noticeing Pal.

ROckl on dude.

The rest>>>

Great essays guys. GOOD STUFF>......YOU GOT MY RESPECT, and I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS AS WELL. Honesty, i love that concept.

NEAL>>HEY DUDE>>>>>>>!!!!!!! I got bucked today. OUCH. RIght off the horse hahahahha.. ASS, leg, hand>>>>>>>OUCH. hahahhaha...Thursady, im riding her AGAIN! wish me luck. Im posting here, cause im out of time.

LATER DUDE, seeya tomorrow.

yeh. i think 'dude' is some sort of derogitory term used by cowboys and the like. gee whiz, i sure would feel slighted if some cowboy called ME that:rolleyes:
-neal