Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Originally posted by Lord of Metal
***LEDMAG>>>Yes, ive been stupid for a few yrs in a row a while back.....*** on't know.
Still are. Atleast you admit it now.

>>>>>>The hard drugs, being stupid.....get with the program hemroid***

**LEDMAG>>>Yes, your right again....what about that dude, your almost on a roll here arent you>>.......***
Finally you are coming to your senses. Must have taken that dildo out of her ass.

>>>>Uh..no, the best i can rememebr, i didnt get the dildo out of teh toy drawer, she and i just had regular sex last night.***

**LEDMAG>>>Yeah, fuck them****
Yeah, you'd like to wouldn't you.

>>>>>>>Sure, ive seen lots of HOTIE CHristians******

You want some Catholic Priest ass don't you.

>>>>>Actually, i ve never even seen a catholic preist. NO catholics in my town.......***

I bet when you were a kid, you were bending over backwards for them.

>>>>>>For who, the hotiie Christains......****

What is it with teh. Everyone seems to be doing it. New trend I guess. Stupid trendy posers with their teh. They should all be hit by a car, raped by some strange guy with HIV on the side of the road, be confused with a man who has to have one of his kidneys removed, then confused with a man who has to have all of his limbs amputated, then fall into a pit of wild boars who rape what is left of him, and hit by a diesel. Wait, you say teh, don't you ledmag.

try using real comparisons. how the fuck do you compare warrel with jon, thats fucking dumb. Do you play in a band? Well i do and the play as tight and organized like IE take alot of fucking work. don't shit on things you don't understand. I realise loomis can shred and it a more dynamic player but damnit jon can fucking riff like a maniac. And i admire his tenacity and i don't see him ass an ass, i see him as an humble aspiring musician. i mean comon man, you sounded like you thought jon was fucking tommy lee or sumtin, haven't you ever heard Pure Evil? that song fucking blew away.

Oh, you are going to get flamed for that, but I agree completely. Ledmag seems to have something against Jon. I don't understand it. Ledmag must have been Iced Earth's biggest fan at one time, but then Jon didn't reply to the love letters he sent him, so now ledmag feels insecure and hates Jon for it.

hahaha wow. the grammar in that post is so fucking terrible i was wondering what country the dipfuck was from, and then i saw hes from florida hahaha. fucking white trash capitol of the USA baby. and that is a horrible horrible post. cant wait to see what our KY pal has to say to this shitface haha.
-neal

My god, this thread is still here. I foolishly thought it had actually died...

To metalheadmarc, Iced Earth is a huge dissapointment. They started out so great, which I know some people will agree with, and they turned into generic power metal. They lost their heaviness, and apparently their ability to write great songs. They can't make the masterpieces they used to on Stormrider and Iced Earth. The closest thing they've come to recently is the trilogy, but I can barely listen to Horror Show if I think of their old stuff. The new songs aren't bad if you like simple, short, basic power metal.

And don't think I'm as biased as ledmag. I have 7 Iced Earth cd's, not including the box set.

i think ledmag has most of them too. as he and i have stated billions of times, we dont dislike iced earth. we dislike jon. jon is a shithead. we compare jon and warrel becuase they are the 2 most outspoken people. warrel is humble even though hes got the talent to back it up if he wanted, jon is a fuckin megalomaniac who really isnt all that great. example: if you interviewed warrel and said he is the best ever and nevermore is the best band ever he would just laugh. say the same to jon and he'll go on for 5 minutes about what a badass he is and how he IS iced earth and he'll take credit for matt and everything. hes a punk.
-neal

Kerry King sucks, i mentioned this the other day with some friends, and some guy who was there stated that he thought Kerry King was one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I laughed in his fucking face. He's good if u think fretboard-masturbation is quality guitar playing.

As for jon, yes, he is indeed a dick. That is that (and this is coming from the guy who was the first one involved in this flame war, check page 1, where i defended jon, subsequent interviews have since corrected me)

They lost their heaviness, and apparently their ability to write great songs.

Lost their heaviness??? Buh??? Maybe you can say they lost thier shitty vocalists from the first albums, they use less triplets, but lost heaviness? um..no, since u mentioned horror show, u ever listened to jack? how about Damien? Fuckin' heavy

Everyone bitches about Horror Show, but i fail to see what's wrong with it. There are relatively few changes in musical style througout all of Iced Earth's carrer. Scan through some of the many pages on this thread and you will see that that is one of the major points against IE. I can listen to Horror Show or i can listen to the S/T and the changes are minor.

I can barely listen to Horror Show if I think of their old stuff.
I could understand this if we were talking about Metallica here, but Iced Earth? Come on, has Iced Earth really changed THAT much over the course of time? I don't think so

I love Horror Show, it's not as good as Burnt Offerings or Night of the Stormrider, but it's still good. Of course it is the first cd I bought of Iced Earth, so I am kind of fond of it. And yeah, Jon is pretty dicky when he startes to talk about Iced Earth, but it is *his* band, he is the one that has kept it going, and has gone through hell in doing so. I think I would be the same way if I were him. Also, I think that Jon said that Horror Show isn't what their next cd is going to sound like. It was just a cd to end with Century Media, he didn't want to end with his best shit or anything.