Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

well, the thing with BW, they were progressive, so the singer would do his antics as the instrements had their extened mood type solos, etc. Hey, they arent the best band, not even close. BUt they are interesting.

See ya guys. Im off line.

Are the back street boys still popular? I ahvent heard many ppl talking about them out in the real world. Usually, i hear some dip shit spewing about them. Have not as of late.

I cannot listen to pop, but I was thinking. People make the biggest deal about not writing their own songs. Do classically trained musicians who play in orchestra's write their own songs? Its redundant of course, because pop bands dont sing either...

Pop *bands* also do not write their own lyrics. I just listened to Alive in Athens again. God fucking damn, Dante's Inferno rocks :headbang:. I also just listened to PoE again, damn I can't wait for Enemies of Reality.

just out of curiosity, why do you hate Horror Show so much?

Im not neal, but imo, its the worst in their bag. ITs , i cant pin point it, i will have to listen to it and then pay attention to just what it is that drags that cd down.

yhe. i cant put my finger right on whats worse about new iced earth as opposed to old. it just not as good. i dont like any of the songs on horror show. thats why i dotn like it. i cant really be more specific than that right now.
-neal

OK..so this has been a rather interesting thread..LOL

I thought I'd answer the original question..Iced Earth or Nevermore. Well...I don't really think you can compare them to each other..these are two totally different leagues we're talking about here. I've been a fan of Sanctuary and Nevermore forrever!What kills Iced Earth for me are their corn-ball lyrics, the music is damn good metal...Richard Christy is a GOD (he can't really shine with IE like he did with Death....but that's a whole different issue) . I definetly like Nevermore better...they are the whole package.

I'm pretty sure that i posted my hate for Horror Show in this thread before...

...But i have since changed my opinion... And it's my favourite IE record, and personally beleive it's their best.

It just "Clicked" with me. When i first heard it, it just sounded "Wrong" for ages, but now it seems so damn good. Cool riffs, pretty decent production (a little too compressed for my liking, but at least it's not like Dead Heart), and Barlow's voice is tops.

Ledmag, did you check out that song by SB? I want to hear what someone else thinks about them. I am the only person that I know that has heard of them. HIM is another good band. "Your love is a RAAAAZZZZZZOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRBLAADDDDDDDEEEE KKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIsssSSSSS!"

LOM>>>Dude, this is the first time ive been online since sunday night. The cash flow, it gets bigger, but my free time gets smaller if you know what i mean. ITs the change of season. I sell fire wood as an afternojn and weekend tyoe thing in the cold eras. But bet your ass, i will check into it.

My time is so low right now, i normally get 2 or 3 cd's a week, and i havent getten one since at least a month.

HIM you say? Taken note of the neme. THANks.

You should try BEFORE GOD. Very good band. They are pagans, hence the name of the band.......

So , you DL'ed some of their stuff? WHat did you hear? They have 2 cd's. I like them a lot. One of my favs, in that type of sound. I think, they will get better as they develope their skills. They are younger at the playing. BUt they are doing well. As of now, you still have to order their cd's for this dudes basement.