"New" (2006) Q&A thread

A: In short, a very bizarre short film about a man's psychological collapse. extremely metaphorical and highly disturbing. Priceless, really.

Q: Still interested?

A: The Seventh Seal (or anything else by Ingmar Bergman); Samurai I ; Dr Mabuse ; Insomnia ; Dead Ringers and many more....

Q: Your favorite movie?

A: I don't have a ultimate favorite movie. But my list of "you have to see this one before you die" would include : Run Lola Run ; Ciitizen Kane ; The Elephant Man ; Pulp Fiction ; Snatch ; The Seventh Seal ; A Clockwork Orange and more...

Q: Oldest movie you've seen?

6 Stringed Fingers said:
A: Video clips, a more creative way of expression may be allowed in them.

If I may... No. Video clips don't have a more creative way of expression. They're only different. Video clips are mainly based on visual effects and sound. Movies develop their creativity through script, images, realisation, acting and music. Microwaved blockbusters shouldn't be taken as the base of every movie ever made. I guess my best example in that would be "Un Chien Andalou" or movies such as "2001: A Space Odyssey" have, imo, an extremely developed way of expression.

RampageSword said:
If I may... No. Video clips don't have a more creative way of expression. They're only different. Video clips are mainly based on visual effects and sound. Movies develop their creativity through script, images, realisation, acting and music. Microwaved blockbusters shouldn't be taken as the base of every movie ever made. I guess my best example in that would be "Un Chien Andalou" or movies such as "2001: A Space Odyssey" have, imo, an extremely developed way of expression.

Ok, then, they're only different. But I still perfer video clips because they fit in my illogical schedule and personality. :)