"New" (2006) Q&A thread

6 Stringed Fingers said:
A: I have slower days when I have a random sleeping pattern.

Q: Do you have a random sleeping pattern?
No, I sleep pretty regularly, 4-12 hours a night. Maybe that is random. :)

Do you enjoy sleeping?

Probably about 6 or 7 hours.

How long would you like to sleep in one night?

A: I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean a band-aid, or something, and not what springs first to my construction-oriented mind at 8 am. And my answer would be yeah, a band-aid should be fine.

Q: Do you find yourself obsessing over a single topic in your mind, at the expense of all others?

~kov.

Plasters are band-aids in englandish... When I hear band-aid I instantly think of a rubbish concert promoted by Bob Geldof... which wouldn't feel too confortable pressed against a deep wound.

A: Yeah. Sometimes... and it usually leads to anxiety attacks. The topic can be different stuff... usually playing live with my band or reliving embarrassing moments and thinking about what I could change.

Q: You?

Ah, I see. Yeah, I understand that the whole concert thing makes it a muddied area to go into.

A: I tend to get obssesive about planning some things, at the expense of other things. And it usually tends to be the less important thing that i'll obsess about. Like, lets say I'm going out with the gf tonight, and I have to plan where we're going and hanging out. Instead, I'll sit around thinking of the new Blood Elf Paladin I'm going to make when the expansion comes out, and start planning what order I'll be taking my talents and other bullshit. And then later, I'll kick myself for being stupid.

Q: Do you tend to make stupid mistakes on a regular basis - and mistakes that when you look back, you wonder how on earth you didn't learn from the last time you did the same thing?

~kov.

A: I'm sure that I make mistakes from time to time, but I hardly ever look back to realize my faults, unless it's having direct, unignorable impact on my present being. And no, I don't wonder anymore.

Q: Why do we hold on to opinions when they don't change anything on the big picture?

A: Maybe it's because it's surely the only thing we have, deeply in us, beliefs and opinions... that makes ourself different and feel like a whole.

Q: Do you think it's important to have strong beliefs ?

A: Yes, but I also see the need for the ability to see past those beliefs at times to be able to relate to another person - not to give them up, but just simply to connect.

Q: How do you feel you are defined, as an individual - through such beliefs, or through some other way?

~kov.